Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ace Attorney questions....
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Godot23
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon Ace Attorney questions.... (+1)  

HI!!
If you couldn't tell by my username and avatar, I am a HUGE Ace Attorney fan. In fact, I contribute my coffee addiction to Godot in PWT&T. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum had any information about the release of Ace Attorney Investigations 2? I have heard some about it, but nothing definitive or even circumstantial. Any info from anyone?

My house is on fire
05-21-2013 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Ace Attorney questions.... (+1)  
I love your avatar!

Our family is big Ace Attorney fans too, but we haven't heard anything about this title yet.

We're still waiting to hear more about the Wright+Layton mash-up.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-21-2013 at 02:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Ace Attorney questions.... (0)  
Not according to the wiki, but I just saw that Dual Destinies is coming! :thumbsup

[Last edited by skell at 05-21-2013 02:05 PM]
05-21-2013 at 02:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Godot23
skell wrote:
Not according to the wiki, but I just saw that Dual Destinies is coming! :thumbsup

Oh yea! That's right! I know it is coming out in Japan on July 25th. How long after can we expect it in America? I don't know on average how the release date differences vary between regions.

And also can't wait for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney! :glee:

My house is on fire
05-21-2013 at 02:11 PM
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
Investigations 2 is already out in Japan but no release for any English speaking countries yet. From what I have heard, sales for the original Investigations weren't strong enough in Europe and America for them to translate the second which is sad.

But! Their decision to release Dual Destinies as digital only makes me think that someday we might see something similar for Investigations 2 since that requires a little less risk if you skip making the cartridges.

Just my two cents.
05-21-2013 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I kinda prefer the no cartridges purchases, at least I don't have to wait for the friggin' piece of plastic to ship over... Although it DOES rob me from the ability to find a cheap one on ebay or amazon.

And I am not surprised by the lower sales of the Edgeworth game, in my humble opinion it was inferior to the rest of the series.

05-21-2013 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dimitris
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
There is a fan translation in the works. They've done the first case so far and I've heared it's good.
It will take some time though...
05-21-2013 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Rank Points: 254
Definitely one of my favorite series - though I didn't personally enjoy Investigations as much as main series. It was nice, though, reminded me of Trilby's Notes or Monkey Island.
05-23-2013 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Godot23
Hmm
That's interesting. Personally, Investigations was one of my favorites. I think that the story lines of the main three were better, but I did like the whole idea of searching for clues from a third person perspective. I also like the idea of the spontaneous encounters. It would be awesome if you had those kind of confrontations in the field in the main game as part of the investigative stage.
Going off of this, a few things have been circulating in my head that I just thought would be cool.

1. If you have ever played the gamecube versions of the Pokemon games, you might know what I am taking about. For the 3D version, it would be kind cool if the confrontations for Psych Locks were in 3D with that kind of varying background image thing that you get in the gamecube Pokemon games. Just a thought.

2. If there were things that could be prompted in the fields that started a "testimony/argument" kind of confrontation. However, like with Psych Locks, each time you review the testimony (in the cross-examination/rebuttal) you had the option to start due to the fact that you might not have enough evidence yet (much like in a Psych Lock).

These are just my ideas for what I thought would be cool.

My house is on fire
05-23-2013 at 03:12 PM
Godot23
Good news bad news time!
Good news: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies is coming out in the 3/4 quarter of 2013!
Bad news: It has been rated M, so it might lose some of its younger audience. The crimes have been deemed to be a bit too graphic for a T rating.
Looking forward to it!
:w00t

My house is on fire
08-18-2013 at 03:32 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Rated M?! No way...

I object!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-18-2013 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dimitris
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
Enblish patch for the first two cases of AAI2 is out! Full patch should be released shortly. The translation is ready but they have a technical problem in case 3.
You have to own the game to legally use it. Check the gamefaqs board of the game for details.
10-22-2013 at 08:05 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ace Attorney questions....
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com