Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : My first foray (Last Step)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged

File: Last step.drh (3.2 KB)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Public Domain
icon My first foray (+2)  
Right now this hold is a concept and is not intended to be "completeable". I am striving to create the largest possible array of options for the player as possible while still providing distinct goals.

Have Fun
Note: First Version

I wish that man would stay away
05-17-2013 at 02:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: My first foray (0)  
I think you've done a good job here. The fact that every possible benefit is instantly accessible actually makes the choices harder (which is good, in my opinion), because it's not a simple question of 'can I reach bonuses in the next level (which are usually better) before I take these?'.
However I must say that I don't fancy a room full of trapdoors. Having them as puzzle element is of course great, but once you finish this puzzle, not all areas are accessible anymore. I don't know if that was your intention, but it makes you feel very dissatisfied when you have to leave a bunch of stuff behind if you feel it's not necessary.
My conclusion, though, would be still be: nice one ;)

[Last edited by Midootje at 05-17-2013 01:21 PM]
05-17-2013 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
I think that you have confused the purpose of this hold. The idea is that the perfect player will get all the trapdoors. Also, after you beat this level the game is over. All the work that I plan to do now is balance it.

05-18-2013 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: My first foray (+3)  
I have this strange feeling the arrows in 1N1E are supposed to point to W instead of E.

You're probably going to need a lot more monsters/less ways around them to make choosing fights interesting. Currently it's possible to get most of the keys without killing anything and faceroll everything at the end with 0dmg taken.

Btw, flip the easternmost tunnel in the entrance.
05-18-2013 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
This was my worry. I'll do a rework of the monsters on the floor.

05-18-2013 at 02:58 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : My first foray (Last Step)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com