Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Silverhawk
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Hi,

I'm stuck in the secret room Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West.

Any hint how to clear out the roaches on the platforms in the north of this room? ;)

[Last edited by Silverhawk at 02-28-2013 10:29 PM]
02-28-2013 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214

File: Hint.jpg (137.9 KB)
Downloaded 134 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West (+2)  
See attachment - that should be enough :glasses

adS

02-28-2013 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Silverhawk
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Thanks, I made it. :thumbsup

[Last edited by Silverhawk at 03-01-2013 11:38 AM]
03-01-2013 at 11:33 AM
sleeplover
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West (+1)  
Solved, thanks anyways, everyone.

Click here to view the secret text

Edit: people seem to dislike giving clear information on how to solve a room, so the edit was a safeguard.

[Last edited by sleeplover at 09-29-2014 06:05 AM]
09-29-2014 at 05:57 AM
sara736
Rank Points: 10
And that was all it took. Thank you! For some reason I gave up too quickly when that initial swing didn't place the mirror in an immediately helpful way. I should know better.
10-02-2014 at 08:19 AM
thecrackstreetboys
Rank Points: 14
I'm completely new to the game and struggling with the same thing, still getting my bearings on the nature of the game overall, it's the first secret room I've attempted. The attachment one user posted above is expired and the thread doesn't make much sense without it. Can anyone give me a hint about clearing the north platform of roaches, without spoiling it fully?

My thought process so far was that you need to be aiming diagonally from either top corner to kill the first roach you make contact with as you connect; and I've tried isolating one side of roaches by moving north once more to kill two that way before stepping onto that platform and rotating into the third roach on that side and moving forward. I thought this way I could leave the other side's roaches staring across the gap and isolate them separately

Doing it this way, I can clear one whole side of roaches, but the first roach from the opposite side is at my back at the end, and at any point I'm not seeing how it's possible to kill the first roach you make contact with and still turn to fend the first roach from the other side off.

It is starting to click, for the first time, that diagonal movement takes a kind of precedence over other movement in this game, since one diagonal movement can substitute for two lateral moves but there's no time this holds in reverse.

[Last edited by thecrackstreetboys at 06-12-2023 10:26 PM]
06-12-2023 at 09:55 PM
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 597
Cool to see someone new playing the game!

Hope this helps.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

[Last edited by navithmastero at 06-12-2023 10:34 PM]
06-12-2023 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
thecrackstreetboys
Rank Points: 14
Thank you! Got it right away on the third hint. I just cleared the secret 1S1E as well. If DROD is already this smart and Gunthro is one of the easiest intros, I can only imagine the value of it will run a long time
06-12-2023 at 11:12 PM
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 597
thecrackstreetboys wrote:
Thank you! Got it right away on the third hint. I just cleared the secret 1S1E as well. If DROD is already this smart and Gunthro is one of the easiest intros, I can only imagine the value of it will run a long time

No worries - yeah there are some extremely tough rooms out there but a lot of stuff builds on what you'll learn throughout GatEB, so from that perspective it's a great one to start with.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

06-13-2023 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Gunthro and the Epic Blunder : Skondusk Marshes : 1 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com