Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Holiday Cheer (Our news for December)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Holiday Cheer (+3)  
Caravel has some great news to brighten your holiday gaming!

IndieGameStand featuring "DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder"

This week, from December 11-14, DROD:GatEB will be featured on IndieGameStand.com. What does this mean? Only good news for anyone interested in buying the game! We sell the game for $19.95 on our site, but once DROD shows up on IndieGameStand, you can go there and pay what you want to buy the game.

Pay more than the average purchase price during the promotional period and also receive some free bonus content! The bonus content we're providing is a lot of great stuff:

* Volumes I and II of the "Deadly Music of Death" complete soundtracks for DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold, DROD: Architects Edition and Flash DROD. That's over 90 minutes of game music, including a couple of bonus tracks not featured in the games. You can read more about the soundtrack on its product page here:

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/DMOD.html

* The "Flood Warning" expansion pack that comes exclusive when buying "Gunthro". It contains several hours of additional play and showcases the new shallow water and stepping stones game elements. This levelset is by master developer and architect, TFMurphy. It is one of the highest fan-rated expansions, and you can only get it when buying the game.

Share the good news now with all your friends and everywhere online where you'd like more people to get hooked on DROD! Remember, it's from December 11-14 only.

CaravelNet Cheer

To celebrate the holiday season, Caravel is offering a free additional month of CaravelNet service to everyone who has ever had a CaravelNet service subscription. We'll grant this bonus time to your user account automatically on December 15th so you can enjoy CaravelNet during the holidays. If you've never had CaravelNet but would like to pick up an extra month anyway, you can do that buy registering a subscription to your Caravel user account before December 15th.

CaravelNet service lets you download and rate fan-published holds in-game (that's over 25,000 rooms now), watch replays of how other players complete rooms, chat with other online players and compete for high scores on the official CaravelNet scoreboards. You can read more about the service here:

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/CaravelNet.html

DROD: The Second Sky -- Development news

Caravel is making progress on the climactic conclusion to Beethro's adventure, DROD:The Second Sky. We've developed over thirty new features for the game so far, including over a dozen new game puzzle elements. We've been actively tuning these to work smoothly both with the new and preexisting elements and they're turning out nicely. There are new monsters, room elements, scripting additions, new hold design capabilities, graphical improvements and even some features entirely new to classic DROD.

We're getting ready to release more specific details on these soon. For now, take a look at the DROD:TSS progress bar at the top of the Caravel Forum. It not only tracks development progress for the new game, as any self-respecting progress bar should, it also strives to entertain you! If you haven't tried clicking on it, you should do so now. It's a quirky tradition we have as we look forward to each new game release to get this progress bar to do some fun and odd things, even play some mini-games, based around the Caravel community experience. The more clicks there are, the more good things will happen!

http://forum.caravelgames.com/

Happy holidays, everyone, and happy DRODing!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-10-2012 06:30 AM]
12-10-2012 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Holiday Cheer (+1)  
Yay! The bar clicking is back!

-Erik

12-10-2012 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: Holiday Cheer (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Yay! The bar clicking is back!

-Erik
How do you control the snake game?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-10-2012 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
disoriented wrote:
How do you control the snake game?
Q and W turn left and right.

12-10-2012 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NekoIncardine
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 127
A month of CaravelNet. Perfect time to (finally) grab DROD RPG, GatEB, and then get all of everything in place, including the different styles, for playing the entire series post-TCB.

... As if I didn't have enough different games in completely different genres drawing my attention.

[Last edited by NekoIncardine at 12-10-2012 09:10 PM]
12-10-2012 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kargaros
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Having just bought copies of GatEB as gifts for three of my friends, I wonder:

Is there anyway for them to register copies from IndieGameStand with the Caravel system (forum and CaravelNet)? - There doesn't seem to be any key or registration link.

[Last edited by Kargaros at 12-11-2012 06:40 AM]
12-11-2012 at 06:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: Holiday Cheer (+2)  
Kargaros wrote:
Having just bought copies of GatEB as gifts for three of my friends, I wonder:

Is there anyway for them to register copies from IndieGameStand with the Caravel system (forum and CaravelNet)? - There doesn't seem to be any key or registration link.
Wonderful, thanks for the orders! You are right -- we don't have IGS sales integrated with the Caravel registration system. Sure, we can do this manually. Please e-mail us your receipt and we'll e-mail you back a registration link for each order, and you can forward them on, etc.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-11-2012 09:21 PM]
12-11-2012 at 04:29 PM
Kargaros
Rank Points: 58
mrimer wrote:
Please e-mail us your receipt and we'll e-mail you back a registration link for each order.
Thank you, I will do so once the sale is over (I might decide on a few more recipients before then :)).

12-11-2012 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
t_z
Rank Points: 34
Already own GatEB, but bought again to show my support.

IGS seems to be getting off to a slow start, despite having a well designed web site and featuring some decent indie games. However, the night is still young.

t_z
12-13-2012 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
Just bought GatEB for 10$ and 3 months of CaravelNet. I'd really like to pay more but right now I can't spend too much money on games.
By the way, after reading this thread I realized that the game and Flood Warning hold aren't registered to my forum/CaravelNet account. Um... can you also please register them for me too? My english is kinda bad when it comes to things related to payment... Receipt I suppose is the letter I got from Amazon Payments (which I used to pay) that has my payment details, that's right? So I'll need to e-mail it (or just the details?) to support@caravelgames.com?
12-14-2012 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
DezzTech wrote:
Just bought GatEB for 10$ and 3 months of CaravelNet. I'd really like to pay more but right now I can't spend too much money on games.
By the way, after reading this thread I realized that the game and Flood Warning hold aren't registered to my forum/CaravelNet account. Um... can you also please register them for me too? My english is kinda bad when it comes to things related to payment... Receipt I suppose is the letter I got from Amazon Payments (which I used to pay) that has my payment details, that's right? So I'll need to e-mail it (or just the details?) to support@caravelgames.com?
Thanks for the order! Yes, just send an e-mail to this address, or PM me with your e-mail address, and we'll have a registration link sent to you.

12-14-2012 at 04:59 PM
DezzTech
Okay, I sent a e-mail.

By the way, I just noticed that previous DROD titles and Smitemaster Selections are 50% off. Is this a limited time offer?
Either way, I suppose I could spend 5$ more on a SS tomorrow... It's not that much money after all...
12-14-2012 at 05:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jilipop
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Hey there!

I've been trying to spread the word among my peers about DROD being featured on Indiegamestand, but no-one seems to care. I won't make ecstatic forum posts, cause everyone would think I'm a desperate developer promoting their game.

I paid just 12 bucks and I'm still the no. 5 top contributor for the game when the sale is already nearing its end.
I've seen crappy games greenlit on Steam, when the DROD games seem to be overlooked by almost anyone.

I don't get it and it makes me sad.

Also, Greenlight is a cancer for indie games. It turns (some) developers into prostitutes and rewards polish over substance, the latter of which the rest of the market already does way too much.
The sheer number of entries practically forces people to spaz-click their votes in, based solely on a rudimentary glimpse of the first screenshot or the first half-second of a video.
I hate it. Most voters probably consider DROD a poor Zelda clone.

I'm sorry I'm posting this. And in a cheer thread of all things. I'm just so sad about the DROD games being unjustly disregarded.
12-14-2012 at 11:34 PM
mrimer
Thanks for your support, Jilipop!

Don't worry -- we'll keep working to get DROD the attention it deserves. In a healthy way!

12-15-2012 at 12:43 AM
DezzTech
Um... I sent an e-mail 2(3?) days ago but still haven't got a reply...

On an unrelated note, I recently convinced my brother (and myself) to buy DROD RPG, we completed the demo and thought it was quite fun. Also he's probably gonna buy GatEB sometime later.
12-17-2012 at 08:03 AM
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
mrimer wrote:
Thanks for your support, Jilipop!

Don't worry -- we'll keep working to get DROD the attention it deserves. In a healthy way!

This makes me think about more Dansforth quotes.

-A new twist on survival horror!
-Now legal to play in four countries!
-Asbestos free! (after patch).
-Now with less goat-smell.
-Worth like a million dollars but sold for less!
-Several more colors than last time.
-Is no longer Skynet, hopefully!
-Coded entirely in bits of string!

Click here to view the secret text

12-17-2012 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
DezzTech wrote:
Um... I sent an e-mail 2(3?) days ago but still haven't got a reply...
Hmm...I think we've responded to all the requests we've received. If you still haven't received a reply, please write us again. Thanks.
On an unrelated note, I recently convinced my brother (and myself) to buy DROD RPG, we completed the demo and thought it was quite fun. Also he's probably gonna buy GatEB sometime later.
Glad you're enjoying the game!

12-18-2012 at 06:33 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Hmmm... I've sent a mail to support last friday, but maybe the German subject (since I forwarded my PayPal receipt for the IGS purchase) wasn't the brightest idea.

Anyway, I've just sent another email - let's see what happens... :)

np: Brian Eno - LUX 2 (LUX)

12-19-2012 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
Rank Points: 487
I have clicked on the bar several times, and I found that cute animation that begins with a clapboard. It probably won't be that popular, but I would most certainly like it if Eric or someone else at caravel were to post an image of the female Beethro character, so that people making holds might be able to use her as a custom character. no need to add her to the actual game, just put a picture on the forum of every way you could possibly see her if she was in the game.

12-21-2012 at 09:16 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Or, they could also add the female Beethro as one of the new characters for DROD 4.0? ;)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-22-2012 at 02:04 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
averagemoe wrote:
I have clicked on the bar several times, and I found that cute animation that begins with a clapboard. It probably won't be that popular, but I would most certainly like it if Eric or someone else at caravel were to post an image of the female Beethro character, so that people making holds might be able to use her as a custom character. no need to add her to the actual game, just put a picture on the forum of every way you could possibly see her if she was in the game.
I had nothing to do with female Beethro, and am extremely curious to see her. Is she looking like Fred Armisen in drag? Do we call her "Sheethro"? These are things I have to know.

-Erik

12-22-2012 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
ErikH2000 wrote:
I had nothing to do with female Beethro, and am extremely curious to see her. Is she looking like Fred Armisen in drag? Do we call her "Sheethro"? These are things I have to know.
Her name is Sheathro because she packs a Really Big Scabbard.

12-22-2012 at 04:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
Jatopian wrote:
ErikH2000 wrote:
Her name is Sheathro because she packs a Really Big Scabbard.

Well, Jatopian just won the internets.

12-22-2012 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Rank Points: 487
Shethro Budkin eh, gentelmen, I do beleive we have found ourselves the next forum in joke. If you realey want to see her that badly, click on the bar untill you get that animation that starts with the word "act", followed by the number of times the bar has been clicked. It’s hard to tell what she is at first but at the end, she’s the one on the left when the two roaches collide and turn into a heart.

12-27-2012 at 05:43 AM
shockedfrog
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I've sent a couple of e-mails (one to the info address, one to the support address) asking to have my IGS purchase added to my account here and had no response from either. Any better alternative way to get in touch?
01-21-2013 at 04:53 AM
mrimer
shockedfrog wrote:
I've sent a couple of e-mails (one to the info address, one to the support address) asking to have my IGS purchase added to my account here and had no response from either. Any better alternative way to get in touch?
Sorry, I received your e-mail at the info address, but I overlooked it. I just sent out your registration e-mail. Thanks for the order!

01-21-2013 at 05:58 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Holiday Cheer (Our news for December)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com