Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Project Eternity (Obsidian returns to its roots, sort of)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Project Eternity (0)  
The dudes who made Planescape: Torment and Fallout and Arcanum and all those other cool RPGs that were mostly in the Infinity engine have basically come out and said "we want to make awesome games like we used to and publishers are not exactly helping us do that". So they've started this Kickstarter for what they're calling Project Eternity and you can preorder for the next day or two, because I kept forgetting to post about it here. Sorry!

The game sounds very interesting and original from a lore standpoint, the art previews they've shown are very pretty, and I think these guys have already shown in the past they can do gameplay well.

The game is pretty well funded by now. It's going to be on all 3 major operating systems, in several languages, with lots of fun gameplay options and the ability to mod the game to top everything off. Right now is racing for its penultimate stretch goal, which sounds fascinating:
Some of you wanted something that went beyond the standard player house, allowing you to take control of a full stronghold and its surrounding lands. Well-done strongholds provide players with the ability to make large scale changes, undertake special quests, customize the contents of the stronghold and the surrounding environment, and engage in light strategic gameplay between adventures.

In short, you should preorder and back Project Eternity on Kickstarter, because it will be awesome.

10-14-2012 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Project Eternity (Obsidian returns to its roots, sort of)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com