Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A chunk of the Eighth : city : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon A chunk of the Eighth : city : 1 North (0)  
So, do I need to kill the Slayer here? (I've always been bad at dealing with Slayers; maybe my least favorite thing in DROD.) Does the room even have to be completed?
08-26-2012 at 04:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: A chunk of the Eighth : city : 1 North (+1)  
No, you don't need to kill this Slayer.

It is possible to kill it, but you don't get any special message and it doesn't progress the hold in any way.

In fact, this room is entirely optional and you don't even need to visit it to master the hold, since it isn't a secret room.

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-26-2012 05:02 AM]
08-26-2012 at 05:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
icon Re: A chunk of the Eighth : city : 1 North (0)  
OK, thank you... I was looking for another Quest, and this seemed a possible place.

Onward.
08-26-2012 at 05:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rinaldo
That leads me to my current issue. Inasmuch as I don't know which room it belongs in, I'll append it here:

Where do I find a new mission now? I've
Click here to view the secret text
I've
now what? I have a feeling that I
before I was supposed to (I went after them right at the start of the game), and hence missed some important message, but there was nothing to stop me doing so.

Any guidance would be welcomed.
08-26-2012 at 07:07 PM
bwross
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 376
I'd follow up on the pirates. There's a reason for clearing them. You shouldn't need the message to know how that could open up a new area.

P.S. The Slayer in this room is trivial to kill if you think about it (and have seen it once).

[Last edited by bwross at 08-26-2012 07:50 PM]
08-26-2012 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rinaldo
I guess I'm stupid on this one. I've been all over the pirates' area and not seen anything. Unless the area it opens up is something I've already seen and am taking for granted. In any case, I keep running through all the same rooms, looking for something additional to do. (I'm still blocked from going east from the forest, for one. Plus there are whole regions on the hints map that I haven't seen.)
08-26-2012 at 08:29 PM
bwross
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 376
If the quest was given in the pirate area, you would have gotten it. You were supposed to get that quest from

And I'm surprised that you can't go east from the forest. I thought that that opened up

ETA: Okay, I checked and that's correct on how you get east of the forest. Don't leave the room too quickly after talking to him, he has more to say.

[Last edited by bwross at 08-26-2012 09:13 PM]
08-26-2012 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Looks like I screwed up both of those and will need to start the game over. Nobody talks to me in those rooms now.
08-26-2012 at 10:18 PM
Rinaldo
It turns out I could still get the person in the city to talk to me, and finish that part. But the pirate business was a washout. If I didn't find out about them before I went after them, there's no way to reclaim it. So I did restart from the beginning. Luckily this hold doesn't take long.

(Now trying to figure out where this city of secrets is supposed to be. Not that that's anyone's problem but my own....)
08-27-2012 at 02:49 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A chunk of the Eighth : city : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com