Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Box Clever (Yet another Flash physics puzzle platformer)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Box Clever (+1)  
Note: This post accrued so many little edits that I decided to rewrite it.

Box Clever is a fairly simple platform game that uses a physics engine. You take on the role of the Blue Blob, whose aim in life is apparently to get to the exit and possibly murder some green blobs on the way. The game mixes puzzle elements and dexterity-requiring platforming. There are also timed levels, where you have to race against impending doom. (I didn't enjoy those timed parts so much, but overall I had fun with this game.)

There is a basic version with 15 levels and a level pack with many more. You can find both games on Kongregate in the following URLs. I think the first one had more enjoyable levels in it, but the latter one allows you to skip over some of them.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheGameHomepage/box-clever

http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheGameHomepage/box-clever-level-pack

There are easy tutorial levels at the beginning of both versions. You'll need to use the keyboard for movement and the mouse to click on things when playing. I first rated the puzzles at seven brains out of ten, because I found many of them quite hard the first time around. I think I'll let that rating stand, but now I feel the game doesn't utilize its puzzle potential as well as it could and has too much platforming elements instead. But that is a matter of taste, so go ahead and try it & make up your own mind.

There are also video walkthroughs linked from the game. Since Kongregate hosts them, you know they use Flash. You can toggle the sound effects and the music during the game by right clicking on the Flash area to open up a little menu.

[Last edited by Pekka at 08-26-2012 07:03 PM : cleaned it up after several edits]
08-20-2012 at 07:34 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: Box Clever (0)  
I get a 'cannot connect to database' message when I follow your link. Is the game down right now, or did you link the wrong spot?

EDIT: Nevermind, the kongregate link works.

[Last edited by Beef Row at 08-25-2012 04:18 AM]
08-25-2012 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pekka
Rank Points: 302

File: did-all-right.png (56.9 KB)
Downloaded 148 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Box Clever (+1)  
The other site seems to have gone down, so I removed the URL completely. There are just the Kong links now, which should be very reliable.

I found myself enjoying this game longer than I first expected. Perhaps it grew on me. I even managed to solve all the 15 levels in the first game and unlock the top hat thingy too. But I didn't try the speed-runs.

I also got 37 out of 40 in the second game, which was enough to turn me invisible. I had turned red before before that both in the game and occasionally in real life, because of those darn racing levels. But funny thing is, I wound up liking them too. Like I said, I guess it grew on me.

But I'm sure I'm done with it now. I'll have to let those three last levels be, because they don't seem like that much fun to solve. (The one with the columns is full of GRAR because they always fall over at the very end just before I get to make the final jump and did I say I was turning all shades of red because of this game!)

Also, here's a screenshot of the level select screen after beating 37 levels. Sorry, but I had to show off a little :)

Click here to view the secret text

08-26-2012 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Box Clever (Yet another Flash physics puzzle platformer)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com