Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Battleships Free-For-All 3
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
west.logan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 608
IP: Logged
icon Re: Battleships Free-For-All 3 (0)  
Next Battleships game my strategy shall be to start a new user account under the name "Molly Brown".

08-27-2012 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
brian_s
Rank Points: 587

File: Round 7 Results.JPG (82.4 KB)
Downloaded 58 times.
License: Public Domain
Damien, Maurog and Chaco all lost their last ships. Chaco's loss was particularly stunning as Damien devoted his entire volley to hitting where Chaco's previously pristeen ship was sitting.

Round 8 begins now! The number of shots is being increased to four and the One Shot at a Time Rule is being implemented. The deadline for submission is 12:00 noon Saturday September 1st. I will post round 8 results at that time.
08-30-2012 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Damien
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
brian_s wrote: Chaco's loss was particularly stunning as Damien devoted his entire volley to hitting where Chaco's previously pristeen ship was sitting.
Psychic powers win the game again!
And lose, as well.

08-30-2012 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Well, it was pretty much a 50-50 shot you were going to either eliminate me or Spitemaster with that strategy - not like there were many hiding places left for a whole ship!

Take this as a warning, everybody - never let yourself get in the lead in circumstances like this! You'll just paint a target on yourself. da rogu3, the person who was seemingly less powerful because both of his ships were already discovered, is now in the lead.

So, good luck figuring out the metagaming aspects! Which cup is the poison in? Who knows... ;)

08-30-2012 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Chaco wrote:
So, good luck figuring out the metagaming aspects! Which cup is the poison in? Who knows... ;)

The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true. It's so simple even I got it!

08-30-2012 at 10:09 PM
brian_s

File: Round 8 Results.JPG (85.4 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Battleships Free-For-All 3 - Round 9 (0)  
Skell got sunk last round, leaving only da rogu3, 12th Archivist, The spitemaster, and Banjooie as our remaining players. Full results attached

This will likely be the last round. The One Shot at a Time Rule is still in effect. The deadline for submission is 12:00 noon Monday September 3rd. I will post round 9 results at that time.
09-01-2012 at 06:05 PM
brian_s
icon Re: Battleships Free-For-All 3 - Winner! (+5)  
As the only person to submit any shots this round da rogu3 handily dispatched all his opponents without retaliation. Congratulations to our winner da rogu3! :hooray :tcaptain

I want to thank Chaco, Damien, da rogu3, and Maurog for their perfect attendance. :thumbsup Seeing players making a dedicated effort to play is one of the reasons I like running this game annually.

However, I was a little disappointed seeing about half of the contestants sening in few if any of their own shots, relying on the RNG for the majority of their rounds. This game is more interesting with everybody playing.

I do plan to run this game next year, but with some changes with what happens to people who repeatedly fail to submit shots.
09-03-2012 at 06:20 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Battleships Free-For-All 3 - Winner! (0)  
brian_s wrote:
However, I was a little disappointed seeing about half of the contestants sening in few if any of their own shots, relying on the RNG for the majority of their rounds. This game is more interesting with everybody playing.
Argh, sorry, I really meant to participate better, but I was completely out of free time recently, concentrating on my other personal projects :(.

09-04-2012 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
As with me. If there was more of a team/concentrated effort I think that would be neat.

I wish that man would stay away
09-04-2012 at 12:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Battleships Free-For-All 3
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com