Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold Author/Architect Name discrepancies
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
IP: Logged
icon Hold Author/Architect Name discrepancies (+2)  
I noticed this a while ago but never thought about bringing it up until now.

Although I've never published a hold myself, it appears that although the hold is linked to your forum account, you can put anything against the Author's Name (I assume this maps to the Architect's Name on the hold download page). I just think it would make more since if the forum name was used in all cases. One tangible benefit is that on the hold download page you could sort by architect and get a true list of each person's holds (I realise you can do this on an individual basis on the forum now as well) rather than being dependent on the architect having used the same name for all their submissions - a good example of this is Brainiac1999 who has published 4 holds under different names and therefore they wouldn't be grouped together when sorting by architect.

Anyway, not a major thing, just something I think might be useful

Progress - Gavin G

[Last edited by martz at 07-13-2012 02:42 PM]
07-13-2012 at 02:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Hold Author/Architect Name discrepancies (0)  
"Submitted by" is generally the forum member's handle. Perhaps we should have that listed for Architect.

07-13-2012 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: Hold Author/Architect Name discrepancies (0)  
martz wrote:
I noticed this a while ago but never thought about bringing it up until now.

Although I've never published a hold myself, it appears that although the hold is linked to your forum account, you can put anything against the Author's Name (I assume this maps to the Architect's Name on the hold download page). I just think it would make more since if the forum name was used in all cases. One tangible benefit is that on the hold download page you could sort by architect and get a true list of each person's holds (I realise you can do this on an individual basis on the forum now as well) rather than being dependent on the architect having used the same name for all their submissions - a good example of this is Brainiac1999 who has published 4 holds under different names and therefore they wouldn't be grouped together when sorting by architect.

Anyway, not a major thing, just something I think might be useful
It would be nice if there were some standardization used, I agree. When I did last year's awards I had to hunt down the different names users used (e.g. mxvladi = Slava) in order to credit them appropriately for recognition. I think it's pretty deeply ingrained in the system now, though.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-13-2012 at 02:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hold Author/Architect Name discrepancies
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com