Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : FR: CaravelNet webchat to make aural notification of new messages
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon FR: CaravelNet webchat to make aural notification of new messages (+2)  
It would be nice if there were... let's say two checkboxes, on the webchat page. One checkbox would determine whether the webchat would make a noise when someone talked publicly, the other when someone talked to the user privately.

06-07-2012 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: FR: CaravelNet webchat to make aural notification of new messages (0)  
I support this idea.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-07-2012 at 05:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lexxors
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: FR: CaravelNet webchat to make aural notification of new messages (+1)  
Jatopian wrote:
... make a noise when someone talked publicly, the other when someone talked to the user privately.

This is a great idea!

The chat itself has some nice features, like showing conversation that's already happened, but a more aggressive notify feature is definitely needed.

As for when you are notified: maybe we could have a list of words that each user could set which, when said in chat, would notify the user. By default, the list would include their name, but the user could add others.

For example, my screen name is Lexxors, but people often shorten it to Lex, Lexxy, or several other combinations. I could set the list to notify me when any of these names are said in chat.

It's just a thought, but it's one of the nicer features from the IRC client I use and I think it'd be great here.

[Last edited by Lexxors at 07-04-2012 05:48 AM]
07-04-2012 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : FR: CaravelNet webchat to make aural notification of new messages
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com