Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Happiness Is a State of Mind : 1 South, 3 West (Really?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
jwanders
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
IP: Logged
icon Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Happiness Is a State of Mind : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
Do I really have to run around the loop 512 times to free the guard? That would take on the order of 3 hours, which is absurd. Is there a trick here I'm not seeing?
05-30-2012 at 12:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
knwpsk
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Happiness Is a State of Mind : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
jwanders wrote:
Do I really have to run around the loop 512 times to free the guard? That would take on the order of 3 hours, which is absurd. Is there a trick here I'm not seeing?

OMG this room sucks so bad.
I downloaded a keystroke recorder and replayed it hundreds of times.

(Grudging credit to the architect. It's a creative mechanism. But maybe 3-4 gates would be enough!)

07-29-2021 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Happiness Is a State of Mind : 1 South, 3 West (+2)  
Yikes. This is a "soft" enforcement mechanism in that it discourages a particular solution without outright forbidding it. I suspect that the implementation was meant as a joke.

What you're supposed to do is

Click here to view the secret text

07-29-2021 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Doctor E. Will's Mega Complex : Happiness Is a State of Mind : 1 South, 3 West (Really?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com