Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : More April Goodness from Caravel (Bonus news for April)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon More April Goodness from Caravel (+2)  
Here is some great news from Caravel that you shouldn't miss! There is new bonus content available and our hugest game sale ever!

"Flood Warning" expansion now available

Flood Warning is an excellent exclusive expansion pack designed by TFMurphy. It features four challenging levels that highlight the new 4.0 engine game elements and is produced at the high level of quality of Smitemasters Selection holds. This bonus content is automatically made available to you for free when you buy DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder and register your order on the forum. If you've already purchased the game, Flood Warning can immediately be imported directly into the game via CaravelNet or downloaded through the "Purchases" tab of your Caravel Forum user profile.

You can read more about the Flood Warning expansion pack and player feedback on the Caravel Forum here:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=33489

Super Sale! All previous games are 75% off!

Now, for the next week up to April 18th, all previous Caravel DROD games are temporarily available for purchase at 75% off! That makes them only $4.99 through our site! If you've been waiting to pick up one of our games for cheap, now is the time. This sale applies to the downloadable versions of "King Dugan's Dungeon", "Journey to Rooted Hold", "The City Beneath" and "DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale", and you still get a free month of CaravelNet service for each game you buy.

Also, the "DROD: The City Beneath" Deluxe Limited-Edition CD Boxed Set is temporarily available for only $14.95, and all Smitemasters Selections are now over half-off at $3.99!

You will see these sale prices automatically reflected in your shopping cart when you order. This sale is for the next week only.

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games.html

After registering your order on the Caravel Forum, you can either download KDD, JtRH and TCB as standalone games, or you can also install them right into your DROD:GatEB install from the in-game level selection screen while logged into CaravelNet. This allows you to have all the games conveniently located in the same installation and playable in the latest game engine.

DROD 4.0.1 is released

You can download an updated version of DROD:GatEB for both demo and full versions through our site. It contains some minor bug fixes to the game engine and a few rooms. If you've registered the game, just click the Downloads link at the top of the forum while logged in to download and install the newest version of the game.

DROD 4.0 source code is released

If you're interested in taking a look at how "DROD: GatEB" is programmed, you can now download the game's C++ source code from our site and talk about it on our Development board.

http://www.caravelgames.com/sourcecode.html

--Mike

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-11-2012 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: More April Goodness from Caravel (0)  
Oh cool, maybe when I have time I'll give Tendry's Tale another shot.

04-11-2012 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: More April Goodness from Caravel (+1)  
I wonder whether a better time to have a sale on existing games would be shortly after the release of Flash Drod on whichever portals it will feature on as there may be more newcomers visiting the site & interested in buying further Drod games?

Progress - Gavin G
04-11-2012 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Grizzly
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
I will also use the opportunity to buy Tendry's Tale. I didn't like the idea of having a meta puzzle where killing some monsters in one room too early will get you into a dead-end in another room because of too less health left, but for that price I might try it again when I've finished "Finding the First Truth" and DROD:GatEB (plus Flood Warning).
04-11-2012 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Mrimer, is it possible to buy licenses to have them sitting about so I can fling them at people later?
04-12-2012 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: More April Goodness from Caravel (+2)  
Banjooie wrote:
Mrimer, is it possible to buy licenses to have them sitting about so I can fling them at people later?
If you do a separate gift for each and have the recipients as your own email address, it should work. Each email should have a link in it for that person to link the game to a CaravelNet/forum account and can download it then.

Worst case, if you buy the licences, I'm sure I (Support) can figure it out for you Banj.

04-12-2012 at 03:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zecks
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Just bought everything (except JtRH that I already did last week). My gaming budget thanks you, this couldn't have come at a better time for me! (though you guys would totally deserve the full price :) )
04-13-2012 at 07:18 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: More April Goodness from Caravel (+2)  
OK, ten copies of JTRH bought. Now to find people to give them to.

Edit: So I'm down to 7 copies, and I guess I need to hand them out before May 15th?

I may need your help here guys

[Last edited by Banjooie at 04-15-2012 08:55 AM]
04-14-2012 at 07:00 AM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Banjooie wrote:

I wouldn't mind an arbitrary JTRH license. Just, you know, in case you can't find anyone else.

04-15-2012 at 11:59 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Banjooie wrote:
OK, ten copies of JTRH bought. Now to find people to give them to.

Edit: So I'm down to 7 copies, and I guess I need to hand them out before May 15th?

You shouldn't have a deadline to hand them out. Even afterwards, we can get them set up with a copy.

04-16-2012 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
I saw this today and couldn't resist becoming the proud owner of JtRH.
I just hope my download link arrives soon...
I wanna play already!
04-17-2012 at 11:40 PM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
martz wrote:
I wonder whether a better time to have a sale on existing games would be shortly after the release of Flash Drod on whichever portals it will feature on as there may be more newcomers visiting the site & interested in buying further Drod games?

I absolutely agree. Creating a new game aimed at newcomers and then making it so it cost four times as much as everything else on the site is a strange move.

04-27-2012 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : More April Goodness from Caravel (Bonus news for April)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com