Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (The cure for all your ailments.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (0)  
Avon wrote:
I don't want to make trouble, but I do not believe that this bug is fixed by the patch. I can still make the error highlights very pronounced in the way described above.
Avon, thanks for pointing the bug out, but unless Mike is particularly motivated to (re)fix this, I think we'll let it slide.

-Erik

08-10-2004 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch (v2) (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Fixed a scroll text bug that somehow crept into 1.6.6, mentioned by Wesley here. Attached is the patched drod.exe. Just replace the other 1.6.6 drod.exe with this one.
I updated the zip archive on the site with Mike's new DROD.EXE. That URL again:

http://www.caravelgames.net/distfiles/drod1_6_6upgrade.zip

By the time you read this, the full setup on SourceForge should also be updated, although at 10:21am PST I am sitting around waiting for the file upload to finish and looking for other things to do like type up this message.

Mike, if and when you get a chance could you please tag the 1.6 tree as "Build_51"?

-Erik

08-10-2004 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
icon Re: DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (+1)  
Um, I don't mean to be trouble, but Zlib1.dll is still missing from the main distribution. (I downloaded just now off sourceforge.)
08-21-2004 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
jdyer wrote:
Um, I don't mean to be trouble, but Zlib1.dll is still missing from the main distribution. (I downloaded just now off sourceforge.)
I'll fix it in a little while. Thanks!

-Erik

08-23-2004 at 07:19 PM
ErikH2000
I just now updated the file on SourceForge. Should be okay now.

-Erik

08-24-2004 at 06:50 PM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
Erik,

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the SF download?

When I try to download the full install onto my relative's computer, I get a "Corrupt installation detected" error from the executable. Is the install file corrupted, or is it just that I am trying to run the install from a different platform - Windows XP Professional?

08-28-2004 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
I'm not sure what the problem is over there. I just downloaded the setup from SF, installed, and ran DROD. You may want to try downloading a second time, Wesley. I looks to me that SF has us downloading from HTTP servers which aren't as reliable as FTP.

If another download attempt fails, we should see if anyone else has the same trouble.

-Erik

08-28-2004 at 03:23 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I happen to have downloaded and installed 1.6.6 full install earlier today on two seperate computers. Both worked without a hitch.

08-28-2004 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
Erik, it just occured to me that Home of the Underdogs have a mirror of DROD on their site, and they are still passing out version 1.6.5. You might want to email them and inform them of the new version.

08-31-2004 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
This is why they call you the "Watcher". :)

There's actually a somewhat lengthy list of sites to contact that I have in a database. But yeah, Underdogs would be one of the big ones. I think I will wait a bit longer to see if some other bug crops up that makes the patch worse than 1.6.5. Thanks for the note.

-Erik

08-31-2004 at 10:49 PM
skinsmen
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
So is the patch bug free now? :fun Can I download it without it messing up my game? :D
09-14-2004 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
I think we can say that it is probably not containing any new bugs. In other words, it is most probably the most bug-free version of DROD which can be installed on your computer at this time.

Go for it, man! I say go for it!

(Although it surely would be wise to export your player and authored holds before upgrading.)

-Erik

09-16-2004 at 12:08 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
The scroll text loss bug has not disappeared. I've had difficulties testing jdyer's hold because I've lost all scroll text in the hold TWICE. I've also lost scroll data in my own hold.
09-16-2004 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Ack, I'm sorry. We are pushing very hard to get JtRH done right now, and I think our effort is best spent getting that release out, which will be much better than another 1.6 patch, I think.

But that is not to say I don't appreciate the 1.6.6 bug report.

-Erik

09-16-2004 at 08:26 AM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
I have version 1.6.4 and I was thinking of updating and downloading version 1.6.6. Do I have to download the patch too, or is the download on the site already have the patch?
09-16-2004 at 04:42 PM
ErikH2000
The full download includes the 1.6.6 patch and everything else you need.

-Erik

09-16-2004 at 05:13 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD:AE 1.6.6 Patch. (The cure for all your ailments.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com