Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Feature Request: EZ Thread Subscription (whereabout I once again whine for Schik to do stuff for free)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Feature Request: EZ Thread Subscription (0)  
In your profile you can subscribe to get emails for an entire board, but not single threads. You have to enter "Modify Profile" to see or change what you're subbed to.

You can subscribe to a single thread only if you reply to it. You don't know when looking at a thread or board if you are subscribed to it. Occasionally this has caused me small amounts of confusion. (It's also not obvious what happens if you are subscribed to a thread under a board you're subscribed to, then unsubscribe the board; or if you forget to click the "email notification" after you're already subbed, etc.)

So, I'd like a little clickable link that tells whether you're subscribed to a thread at the top of each page of that thread: click it and it changes your subscription status. It'd be useful if that "email notification" inside Post a Message were either removed entirely, or else smart enough to use the same link as the top of the thread (maybe make the checkbox fill value based on if you're already subbed, and unchecking it will unsub you after post, even).

It would also be pretty sweet if the main page had the same clickable item next to the header for each board, so you could easily see what you're subbed to whenever you visit the website, and change any of these just as easily. And while I'm at it, why not one for each thread when looking at the list of threads in a board. It could be something as simple as a tiny image.

That is all.

P.S. No wait, there's a teeny bit more. Once again I feel the need to suggest that "Map" should be one of the links at the very top, right there next to "Chat". Separate idea, but still should-be-dones-maybes-since-Trickster-must-hunt-for-mapses-happens-too-often-and-n00b-users-might-go-wow-look-at-this-game-it-is-huge-and-I-shall-purchase-all-the-DRODs-if-they-knew-about-Madame-Secretmap-von-Pigglesworth-sorry-too-many-psychoactive-medications-in-wolves-today.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

03-21-2012 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Re: Feature Request: EZ Thread Subscription (0)  
The checkbox when you make a post came with the forum.

The subscribing to entire boards was a request from Erik when we first moved to this forum. The two things are completely separate (and IIRC send different types of emails - one the full post, the other a link saying there's a new post), which yes, is pretty weird.

I'd love to do this sometime, much of it very similar to how you described, even.

03-22-2012 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Feature Request: EZ Thread Subscription (whereabout I once again whine for Schik to do stuff for free)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com