Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : CVS Troubles.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon CVS Troubles. (0)  
I needed to recommit some files in binary mode. Somehow I did the wrong things and put a directory into a state where I cannot add files. The directory is .../caravel/texts. I removed all of the .txt files there (they are in the attic). My goal is to add a new set of corresponding files with a .uni extension. So the new files will not share filenames with the old files. I put in binary handling for .uni extensions in cvswrappers to avoid the problem which necessitated all of these actions in the first place. So it seems I am ready to go, but when I enter this command:

Z:\\Caravel\\Texts> cvs add Buttons.uni
...I get the following response:

cvs server: cannot add file on non-branch tag 1.1
Any of you CVS experts know how I can get past this?

-Erik

05-05-2003 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: CVS Troubles. (0)  
When I did an update (just now), the Texts directory got pruned because it was empty. I tried to do a cvs update -d to get it back, but it looks like the entire directory was gone in the repository as well. I re-added it and was able to add (and then remove) a test file.

Give it a try now, see if it works.

05-05-2003 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Okay, I got it to work. There was a "tag" file in the "cvs" subdir of "texts". I deleted it and things worked after that.

-Erik

05-05-2003 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Re: CVS Troubles. (0)  
Okay, I got it to work. There was a "tag" file in the "cvs" subdir of "texts". I deleted it and things worked after that.
Lousy cvs tags!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-05-2003 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
arya
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Hi... :)
I have a question of my own..if I delete the tags associated with a folder what are the consequences? I mean those tags are there for a reason right?to know the revision history and all that.
So if i delete the non-branch tag using a cvs update -A, i can eliminate the error, but what am I possibly losing out on? Please help.. :?
04-13-2011 at 01:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : CVS Troubles.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com