Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : Second level : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
IP: Logged
icon Hold Anonymous : Second level : Entrance (0)  
I wonder: has anyone ever thought of
Click here to view the secret text
I'm just wondering, and trying to find new tricks to this hold, since I really can't get through the Third Level without wasting so much health and keys that I get stuck on the Fourth.This hold, being the hardest I have ever played, is the only one I'd love a walkthrough for. I just can't do it by myself, even after having tried over twenty times!

03-07-2012 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3117
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : Second level : Entrance (+3)  
Midootje wrote:
I wonder: has anyone ever thought of

Midootje wrote:
I'm just wondering, and trying to find new tricks to this hold, since I really can't get through the Third Level without wasting so much health and keys that I get stuck on the Fourth.This hold, being the hardest I have ever played, is the only one I'd love a walkthrough for. I just can't do it by myself, even after having tried over twenty times!
Hmmm. As with a lot of things in this hold, proper planning dictates how well you do in the later levels. Now, I'm loathe to give out full walkthroughs since I'd rather people didn't just do the exact same thing as me... but... my method of optimising the First and Second Levels does not match my method of completing the hold.

So here's what I'll do. First, non-secreted, here's my stats upon finishing the First and Second Levels:

First Level: 137 HP, 32 ATK, 17 DEF, 8 GR, 1x YKey, 1x GKey
Second Level: 2152 HP, 100 ATK, 56 DEF, 397 GR, 12x YKey, 5x GKey, 1x BKey, 1x SKey

And secondly, here's my journal through the First Level and *most* of the Second Level. Please be aware that while I give the basic directions and the stats after each event, I don't give exact co-ordinates of each and every monster or item I pick up, or mention things like exactly what route to take through trapdoor mazes or what sword orientation to make your way by Goblins or whatever. You'll have to figure those things out yourself, but the journal shouldn't be too difficult to follow. Should you follow the Journal, you'll be near the end of your preparations for the Gauntlet, and have cleared out the First Level of everything I considered worth taking.

Good luck.

First Level:

Second Level:

03-07-2012 at 07:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : Second level : Entrance (0)  
Murphy, I feel really sorry for having no mod points left. You have made a *perfect* reply to my call for help, CHAPEAU!
It's better to doorwalk over the Yellow Doors than the Green here. If you save a Green Key from the First Level, you can get the +4 ATK/DEF immediately, and then later, spend 2 Yellow Keys to get +100 HP and the extra +2 ATK/DEF. You end up spending 2 YKeys instead of an extra GKey, but it gets you the Potion as well, which is well worth the time for gearing up for the Gauntlet. (And if you were getting the Potion anyways, then it's just a YKey spent instead of a GKey, which is always worthwhile.)
For example this. I had never thought of this possibility, because I thought the pressure plate on the bottom cache made it impossible to return. Thank you.

Secondly:
So here's what I'll do. First, non-secreted, here's my stats upon finishing the First and Second Levels:
First Level: 137 HP, 32 ATK, 17 DEF, 8 GR, 1x YKey, 1x GKey
Second Level: 2152 HP, 100 ATK, 56 DEF, 397 GR, 12x YKey, 5x GKey, 1x BKey, 1x SKey
This is exactly what I need to perfect my own play. I haven't yet, and probably never will, read the secreted text, because these guidelines are my aim for the next bunch of playthroughs.

One last time: THANK YOU! You made one DRODer very happy.

03-12-2012 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : Second level : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com