Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
ebenezer
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
Please, any help would be useful.
I can't understand how to

Click here to view the secret text

Missing something obvious in this room?

03-05-2012 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 2 East (+1)  
The Stalwart will try and kill the seeps - if you leave him to it he will kill all 4 and you will be stuck.

Try experimenting by switching between the clones - notice how this affects the seeps and the Stalwart. With this knowledge you should be able to clear the room.

Progress - Gavin G
03-08-2012 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ebenezer
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 2 East (0)  
Thanks, that was the obvious thing - switching between clones.... :blush :smile
03-09-2012 at 02:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Okay, but is there something special about the way seep behaves around stalwarts? I swap among all the clones as a tryout, and the nearest seep retreats toward the clone at the other end of its wall. But then half the time when I release the stalwart, and he is getting close to a seep, and I activate that particular clone, the seep stays put where the stalwart can stab it. (And yes, I've double-checked, and that particular clone is indeed identified as Player when this happens.)

Why would that seep not try to get closer to its player? I've looked around in the descriptions of monster movement, and haven't so far received any enlightenment.
06-02-2013 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
When stalwart is closer to monster than player is, the monster will try to go to stalwart instead of player (not to be confused with the way monsters treat decoys: if player is within 5-move range to monster the monster will always prefer to go to player rather than a decoy).
06-02-2013 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 189
I figured out all that on my own, but I can't get the timing right. I can only clear three pools before I run out of seeps.

I'm sure the different floor types are trying to tell me something, but I can't figure out what.
04-11-2020 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
I wouldn't worry about the floors too much. Definitely didn't think about them when I solved this.

Click here to view the secret text

04-11-2020 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Advanced Concepts : Seep : 1 North, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com