Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Favorite Bit of Figurative Language (A companion to my misreading of Seth's topic.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
IP: Logged
icon Favorite Bit of Figurative Language (+1)  
"...a clear voice utters words that bring me peace, to me, a soldier in big boots, belt, and knapsack, taking the road that lies before him under the high heaven, quickly forgetting and seldom sorrowful, for ever pressing on under the wide night sky.

A little soldier and a clear voice, and if anyone were to caress him he would hardly understand, this soldier with the big boots and the shut heart who marches because he is wearing big boots, and has forgotten all else but marching. Beyond the sky-line is a country with flowers, lying so still that he would like to weep. There are sights there that he has not forgotten, because he never possessed them-perplexing, yet lost to him. Are not his twenty summers there?"

-Erich Maria Remarque, All Quiet on the Western Front, A.W. Wheen

02-25-2012 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Favorite Bit of Figurative Language (A companion to my misreading of Seth's topic.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com