Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Metapuzzle games (Fool's Errand, 3 in Three, and the like.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Metapuzzle games (+1)  
So, I spent the last couple of weeks, after finally getting around to putting an emulator on my computer so I can play old Mac games, working my way through The Fool's Errand, 3 in Three, and System's Twilight. After working through all three of those, it struck me... I don't actually know of any other games that work the metapuzzle concept quite as masterfully. I played Planetarium a few years back, which had a similar sort of thing going on (though with rather less of an instant-gratification feel to solving the metapuzzle), but... really, I just want more of this type of puzzle game.

I *am* aware of The Fool and His Money, but as that's not out yet, it's not really an option for me at this moment. So... can anyone suggest anything else I might enjoy in the same vein?

Caveat: I'm a Mac user; while I can play Mac Classic/DOS stuff if I can get ahold of it, I don't have a workable way of getting at games that require other modern operating systems right now.

[Last edited by Hikari at 12-27-2011 11:44 PM]
12-27-2011 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jdyer
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Metapuzzle games (+1)  
Are We There Yet? is another clone of the same style from the same era. Puzzles tend to the Dell/Penny Press type things, but I still enjoyed it. I wasn't able to solve the end game metapuzzle without help.
12-28-2011 at 03:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: Metapuzzle games (0)  
Huh... I'll pull that one down and see how it is, thanks. :)

Though... that's a problem, really, that it seems like the few examples of this genre of puzzle game are all from that era.

12-28-2011 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Metapuzzle games (Fool's Errand, 3 in Three, and the like.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com