Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cursor not disappearing properly when in fullscreen mode
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
IP: Logged
icon Cursor not disappearing properly when in fullscreen mode (+1)  
After patching to version 3.3.0.96, I've found that the cursor no longer disappears as it should when I run DROD in fullscreen mode. To be precise:

The behaviour that was present before patching was that as soon as I took any in-game action (moving or turning the sword), the cursor would disappear. This is still the case when I play in windowed mode. If I start DROD in fullscreen mode and start playing, the cursor is present before I've taken any actions. (This is expected.) If I do not move the cursor, then it disappears as soon as I take an action. But as soon as the cursor has been moved, it ceases to disappear when I take an action. It does, however, flicker, as if it's being removed and then immediately redrawn.

If I go to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen (by way of F10), then the cursor acts as if I haven't moved it. (That is, it disappears when I take an action, but only until I move it.)

If I exit to the menu, move the cursor around, then return to the game, the following happens. If I move the cursor, the game proceeds as above. If I don't, then on the first action, the cursor jumps to the place where it was when I exited to the menu. Then, if I haven't moved the cursor in-game previously, it disappears on the second action. Otherwise, it stays in place (as before).

The temporary light that shows up when you right click disappears exactly as it used to. Disabling alpha blending and environmental effects didn't seem to change any of the above behaviour. Setting AlwaysFullBlit to 1 in drod.ini didn't change anything either.

I'm playing on a laptop with Windows 7 and a native screen resolution of 1600x900. I upgraded directly from 3.2.0.83 to 3.3.0.96.

12-26-2011 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Cursor not disappearing properly when in fullscreen mode (0)  
Update: The same issue occurs for me with a fresh install of Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (which incidentally is excellent so far), so it's not an artifact of the upgrade process. A few more data points:

The cursor gets cleared correctly when moving to a neighbouring room, but the issue comes back as soon as I move it again.

The cursor always gets rendered on each level intro screen and when displaying a "choose an option" box, even if it was correctly hidden previously. This occurs even in windowed mode.

I've been playing some DROD RPG lately, on a fresh install of the current version, and it does not have this issue.

04-01-2012 at 09:40 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Bumped

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-25-2012 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I tried to reproduce this issue but to no avail. Maybe it has something to do with Windows version, maybe something else but at this point there is nothing I can do to investigate it further without having access to someone who can reproduce it.

10-18-2020 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: Cursor not disappearing properly when in fullscreen mode (+1)  
I could reproduce this with 5.1.0.6512 on Windows 7, but not with 5.1.1 alpha 2020-10-18, so I think this must have been fixed already.
10-19-2020 at 04:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cursor not disappearing properly when in fullscreen mode
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com