Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Demo cleanup
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Demo cleanup (0)  
Long time since I've made a feature request but just come back from a weekend in the country-side where all we did was make fires, walk a lot and eat good food (and visit lamas and reindeer, and eat in a remote pub and...).

Upon my return I decided to spend the evening playing DROD after a long warm shower (non-campsite style), clean clothes (non-damp) and in my new alpaca fur socks (sheared, not killed).

It made me think my drod save-game is bloated and would like a "trim saves" option which would delete local save-games based on the following rules:

* Any named demos should remain
* The top 3 local demos should remain based on moves and timestamp
* "Top 3 local demos" include all attempts which resulted in the same amount of moves

I don't propose this be automatic, but would like this option as a way to reduce the data I've built up over the years and can only manually delete right now room by room.

Open for suggestions...
09-11-2011 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Demo cleanup (0)  
..So, wait. You went camping and this inspired you to trim your DROD demos?
09-12-2011 at 07:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Demo cleanup (+2)  
Many people, upon returning from time spent in The Great Outdoors (tm) come to believe that they have too much unnecessary crap in their lives, among their possessions, or even in their hard drives.

09-12-2011 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Demo cleanup (0)  
@Banjooie: Drod was discussed on the trip and I was thinking of the quickest way of making a USB copy of VaC's progress as she currently doesn't have internet and has some demos to upload.

@Jatopian: spending time in The Great Outdoors definitely puts an edge on things, mostly involving why did I not stay there but hey... trimming drod demos is a start

:)

09-17-2011 at 11:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Demo cleanup
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes