Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The roaches among us (Just because he wears a tie doesn't mean he's human.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Revoklaw
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon The roaches among us (+2)  
I regret that I have to be the bearer of some terrible news I have for all you Dungeon Exterminators out there, but it is imperative that you all hear what I have to say and prepare yourselves to act. For what I have discovered is that the monsters that Beethro has so long warred against are no longer confined to deep dungeons and forgotten holds - but rather some have climbed out, disguised, and crawl about freely amongst the rest of us surface-dwellers!

You gasp, and shake your head in disbelief. But alas, alas, it is true. And more; these demons-in-our-midst have actually arisen to prominance and positions of power in our own society!

You rise to leave, I see. My words are too incredible, my truths too unbearable. But hear me out I beg, just a minute more of your time. For I have proof.

Looking back at it now, I'm surprised it took me so long to realize that my boss is a roach. The signs were all there, if only I had the wisdom to read them correctly: My boss's beady red eyes, his bald scaly head, his disgusting odor, his inhuman ability to always arrive at the office just five minutes before me, his three-segmented body and six legs...

All this had served to convince me that my boss was something other than what his resume claimed, but just what that something was, I couldn't be sure. I'd tried to enlist the aid of my coworkers in my quest to uncover my boss's dark secrets, but unfortunately my boss already had them under his hypnotic sway. To my cries of warning they responded by rolling their eyes and exchanging sideways glances - and passing me over for promotion.

But finally! Finally! My persistance in hiding in the next stall over and eavesdropping whenever my boss takes his cell phone into the bathroom with him has at last paid off! For in talking to his wife, and foolishly assuming he was blessed with some measure of privacy, he dropped his guard and let slip his terrible secret. For thusly is the quote I heard - word for word, as it is indelibly etched in my memory.
"You have the exterminators coming on Thursday? Couldn't we just set traps or something?"

There it is! Proof! Proof! Naturally I did not hear what terrible thing the wife had set to prompt this horrible response, but I believe it's safe to assume it was along the lines of "Beethro and company will be in the neighborhood in a couple of days - we'll have to find some way to end their miserable lives!"

And so, my friends, to war I must march! And this time the maze I must wander is one of cubicle walls and desk chairs, but that will not deter me. I have the evidence I needed, my resolve is unbending, my will is steeled. Tomorrow when old Mr. Chartson is sitting at his desk, jotting down notes on the latest product demo - why, then we shall test the old adage about the pen and the sword, eh?

Wish me luck.

07-20-2004 at 05:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The roaches among us (Just because he wears a tie doesn't mean he's human.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com