Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD Smilies/Emoticons (Beethro finds his way into the forums!)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Winking1.GIF (5.4 KB)
Downloaded 629 times.
License: Other
icon Re: DROD Smilies/Emoticons (+1)  
#10? - :wink/:eytan [56x28]

The tar mother winks at you with both eyes. I debate for about 5 minutes whether or not to do just one eye or not, but settled on both. If you think that it should be one, let me know.

Edit - :twak. Duh. I'm supposed to post something, aren't I?

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-24-2004 at 06:16 PM GMT]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-24-2004 at 06:16 PM GMT]

07-24-2004 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101

File: Roach1.GIF (1.6 KB)
Downloaded 1203 times.
Just the first roach one redid. I'm posting it here so I don't have to go hunting for it if I need to check something out.

07-24-2004 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101

File: Slashfest2.GIF (3.6 KB)
Downloaded 345 times.
This redone Slashfest file is the last of my redos, freeing me to work on new ideas!!

07-24-2004 at 09:17 PM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
icon Re: DROD Smilies/Emoticons (0)  
Two suggestions I have here:

1) Beethro traps himself by walking on trapdoors trying to open the red door

2)Beethro chasing a goblin with the sword pointing to the goblin running east, then Beethro runs back west with the goblin chasing Beethro (so many L23 memories there!)

07-26-2004 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101

File: Close Call1.GIF (9.3 KB)
Downloaded 600 times.
icon Re: DROD Smilies/Emoticons (+2)  
#11 - :closecall OR :smite [42x42]

After seven roaches surround him, Beethro spins around quickly leaving a large blood trail. Too bad he can't do this in the game.;)

"Those roaches were no match for me in Level 20!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-26-2004 at 02:42 PM GMT]

07-26-2004 at 03:41 PM
gamer_extreme_101
...How many more of these thing do you want Erik?

07-29-2004 at 09:08 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Well, you made a bunch of good ones, and we should add these into the smilie page. Once they catch on, you might find people rudely demanding that you manufacture more smilies, and you can decide if you want to serve the whims of the mob. I'm not going to bug the guy that typically handles the forum updates to kick your smilies up. He will get to it in his own sweet time. :)

Meanwhile, if anybody wants to start using the Extreme Gamer's smilies straight away, it is possible without too much trouble. For example, this code in your message:

http://www.drod.net/forum/getattachment.php?id=1568">

...will produce the following smilie:

An easy way to get the URL you need for the smilie is to right-click on the attachment and choose "Copy Shortcut", "Copy Link Location" or whatever similar thing your particular browser says. Then paste the URL between the "" tags.

-Erik

07-30-2004 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
That sounds good. Just leave them open ended. Plus, when JtRh comes out, I guess I'll have to make some for that as well. Feel free to add them to the smilie page anytime, and just post here what the codes for them are.

BTW: Please don't post the spider one yet. I'm completely redoing that one seeing as it sucked. I'll delete it soon.

07-30-2004 at 07:15 PM
gamer_extreme_101

File: trapdoor1.GIF (15.4 KB)
Downloaded 490 times.
#12 - :trapdoor [42x42]

After stepping on 5 trapdoors, Beethro sees that the red door opens, but he is stuck. Requested by Stuwy.

"This is why I'm never doing level 15 ever again - "

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-30-2004 at 07:44 PM GMT]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 07-30-2004 at 07:46 PM GMT]

07-30-2004 at 08:44 PM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Awesome! Great work with all the smilies so far gamer! Also mentioned while back (DiMono right?) where Beethro uses his raygun to hi-tech smite his way through a cohort of roaches.
08-03-2004 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Stuwy wrote:
Also mentioned while back (DiMono right?) where Beethro uses his raygun to hi-tech smite his way through a cohort of roaches.
First of all, Watcher suggested it. Secondly, I'm having a not-so-fun time trying to make it. It'll happpen, it just might take awhile. Wouldn't want to post a 20 second sketch and pass it off as a "Good Quality Smilie". :)

08-03-2004 at 03:11 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Why not just vertically shrink the existing one a little bit, and swap a picture of Beethro in where the attacking face is? Might not be what you end up using in the end, but it might help you out with ideas for making it work.

08-03-2004 at 04:03 PM
gamer_extreme_101
DiMono wrote:
Why not just vertically shrink the existing one a little bit, and swap a picture of Beethro in where the attacking face is? Might not be what you end up using in the end, but it might help you out with ideas for making it work.
I'm using that as a last resort. I don't want to use that just because that would be skimping out on it, but I will use that as a last resort. My only other inspiration so far is Geno's beam from Super Mario RPG(Good game!), but I'm having issues with that as well.

My point: It'll happen, I promise. And it'll look good, I promise.

08-03-2004 at 04:08 PM
gamer_extreme_101

File: raygun1.GIF (8.1 KB)
Downloaded 546 times.
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
My point: It'll happen, I promise. And it'll look good, I promise.
Well, it's happened. It's the best one I've did so far, so I'll see what everyone thinks of it.
(Notice: This is a new file as of 8/11. Added more frames at the end)
#13(Argh. Unlucky number) :raygun [56x20]

Beethro pulls a raygun on a couple of roaches. Good fun.:)

"I LOVE killing roaches...

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 08-09-2004 at 05:25 PM GMT]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 08-11-2004 at 07:59 PM GMT]

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 08-11-2004 at 08:00 PM GMT]

08-09-2004 at 06:24 PM
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
dragging this old thread out of the mud...

im making a new custom emoticon o Beethro going to sleep, being attacked by a roach, then swinging round and killing it at the last minute.

unfortunately, I havent go the software to do it.

Anyone know any free software that will animate a few frames?
09-12-2004 at 12:34 AM
gamer_extreme_101
I listed all the software at the beginning of the thread somewherem but I'll rehash it for ya.

ArtIcons for Drawing frames. You must draw each frame seperatly.
Once you've made them all, you'll need GIF Construction Set. That program lets you animate the files and select transparency.

09-12-2004 at 02:01 AM
DiMono
On the topic of art software, does anyone know of a free .ico maker? I want a favicon for my site, and I keep hearing that it actually makes a difference whether you save it in .ico format, or save a .bmp and change the extension.

09-12-2004 at 04:00 AM
wackhead_uk
Well, you can just use articons like gamer suggested which is easy to useand has some good tools.

And, here are the frames for the new smilie, which you can time how you want.
09-12-2004 at 01:08 PM
wackhead_uk
Agian for my own benifit this time.
09-14-2004 at 10:49 PM
wackhead_uk
And here it is.

:thumbsup
09-15-2004 at 04:22 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: loop.gif (7.7 KB)
Downloaded 235 times.
I made one. My first animation ever! It was easier than I thought... :)

[Edited by Doom on 09-15-2004 at 04:47 PM GMT]
09-15-2004 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Testing if my transparency works... Didn't look neat in preview mode.

edit: Removed it. There's definitely something wrong... The images are overlapping each other.

[Edited by Doom on 09-15-2004 at 04:55 PM GMT]
09-15-2004 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Actually, that is not a snake... that is an adder! It grows ever bigger.
09-15-2004 at 06:39 PM
Doom
It's not a serpent, it's not an adder (It didn't grow all the time). It's a MegaSerpent! It's extremely intelligent and it can determine if it wants to grow or just move ;)
09-15-2004 at 06:44 PM
wackhead_uk
Can it choose when it wants to get trapped and vanish into mothingness? Because that's what it is doing...not very smart... :P
09-15-2004 at 09:49 PM
DiMono

File: looptrans.gif (5.9 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
Doom wrote:
There's definitely something wrong... The images are overlapping each other.
I had that exact same problem with my avatar. If you go to the settings for your gif, you'll see an option for what to do when the next frame rolls around. You need to switch that from "join" to "replace", or whatever terminology your specific program uses. I'm using ULead Gif Animator.

Edit: in fact, here it is :)

[Edited by DiMono on 09-16-2004 at 02:42 AM GMT]

09-16-2004 at 02:44 AM
wackhead_uk
Erm...DiMono...I dont suppose you could d that on mine prettypleasepleasesayyes? :yes
09-16-2004 at 07:06 PM
DiMono
wackhead_uk wrote:
Erm...DiMono...I dont suppose you could d that on mine prettypleasepleasesayyes? :yes
Sorry dude, it's too many frames and I just don't have the time. Just change the background to be the alpha color, and change how the frames behave when the next one comes along. Stupid Ulead Gif Animator won't let me do that, I had to manually erase the gray from all the frames, and yours is 26 frames long.

09-17-2004 at 03:37 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383

File: TiredBeethro.gif (8.6 KB)
Downloaded 147 times.
wackhead_uk wrote:
Here you go:

[Edited by Schik on 09-17-2004 at 03:23 AM GMT]

09-17-2004 at 04:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Thankeschöen! :D

Can you see my avatar? it didn't change when I loaded it...what have I done wrong? it looks transparent when i look at it, but it is still grey when I upload it!

[Edited by wackhead_uk on 09-17-2004 at 07:35 PM GMT]
09-17-2004 at 08:17 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD Smilies/Emoticons (Beethro finds his way into the forums!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com