Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Multiple "Character" NPC's (Easier to Identify Important/Individual Scripts)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SHoCKZz
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Multiple "Character" NPC's (+1)  
I don't know about you, but in DROD when I have many scripts running on many different characters in one room, I find it very hard to remember which one is which. It takes me a while to get the right character to get the right script.

So what I propose is this: currently we have one Character NPC; the one with blue hair, correct? Well, why don't we add say, a Character NPC with Red Hair, and a Character NPC with Green Hair. This way, we have three Character NPC's that can all be edited in the same way, but are individual and completely identifiable to our eyes.

Implementing this, people who make their own levels (such as myself) can group scripts in certain Character NPC's in our own ways to identify scripts easily. For Example, I could say that NPC's with Red Hair will contain my end of level scripts, my NPC's with Blue Hair can contain my variable scripts, and my NPC's with Green Hair can contain my appear scripts.

That was a very quick example, but it outlines the basics of its use. I cannot speak for everyone, no one could, but I can safely say that if this feature was implemented, It would benefit ME greatly, and I'm quite sure it would benefit others as well.

[Last edited by SHoCKZz at 07-13-2011 01:02 PM]
07-13-2011 at 12:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Multiple "Character" NPC's (0)  
Plus one!

Another way to implement this - in the editor, instead of having the characters appear as blue-haired NPCs, have them appear as whatever appearance you have chosen for them (visible, of course). To differentiate them from non-characters, perhaps there can be a small indicator, like an asterisk on the tile, or shade the corner of the tile.

07-13-2011 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Multiple "Character" NPC's (+1)  
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Plus one!

Another way to implement this - in the editor, instead of having the characters appear as blue-haired NPCs, have them appear as whatever appearance you have chosen for them (visible, of course). To differentiate them from non-characters, perhaps there can be a small indicator, like an asterisk on the tile, or shade the corner of the tile.

If I recall correctly you can do that. You have to hold ctrl or shift... *checks* Alt! It's alt key.

07-13-2011 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
SHoCKZz
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Multiple "Character" NPC's (0)  
*Goes and test the alt key*

Hmm, yes I see, but It only works if the scripts are visibile, and for some scripts they need to be invisibile because they are just having commands like "Player Role" and Set Var.

Still, thank you, because now with my visible scripted characters, such as the custom characters, I can see whose who with the ALT key. :)
07-14-2011 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Multiple "Character" NPC's (Easier to Identify Important/Individual Scripts)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com