Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : What about some unescaping (So TEH title is not slashoostrophed?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon What about some unescaping (+1)  
For a starter, take a look at the top of your browser, at the title section in any of these links.

Now, I know that this is a barely noticeable problem, but it has been bugging me for years (literally). Considering that it only requires you to add one unescape command when echoing the content of the title tag, is there any chance for it to be fixed someday? :)

04-28-2011 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: What about some unescaping (0)  
Funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Well... okay, not exactly the same thing, since I would have had no idea about 'unescaping echoes' -- or whatever it was you said ;) -- and which, by the way, sound like an awesome defense for an RPG character. But I certainly did wonder if that apostrophe thing could ever be fixed. Maybe there have just been a lot of apostrophes in topics lately.

[Last edited by noma at 04-28-2011 02:45 PM]
04-28-2011 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: What about some unescaping (+3)  
I don't know what you're talking about man, I don't see any escaping.

:look

04-28-2011 at 02:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
Schik wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about man, I don't see any escaping.

:look

Oh... Right... Must have been my other personality, he tends to slash stuff... Backslash too, kind of scary you know...

Anyway, thanks for fixin\' that, my eyes can now be at peace :)

04-28-2011 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
I don't know what any of you guys are talking about. There has never been any escaping.

I wish that man would stay away
04-28-2011 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
The spitemaster wrote:
I don't know what any of you guys are talking about. There has never been any escaping.

Yea, no one ever managed to.

04-28-2011 at 10:20 PM
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re\: What abo\ut \some \u\nescaping (+1)  
The spitemaster wrote:
That\'s true.
04-29-2011 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : What about some unescaping (So TEH title is not slashoostrophed?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com