Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Major Moderation Bug (Post finished.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged

File: ScreenShot055.png (39.1 KB)
Downloaded 280 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Major Moderation Bug (+1)  
There seems to be a problem with how the cost of moderation affects my moderation of other posts. View the two pictures (that were GIMPed together to become one file).

(This is a hyperlink to the post in the thread.)

As you can see from the top picture, I have only two mod points but can see the [Good|Bad] to the right of Kallor's post. In the bottom picture, I have successfully modded Kallor's post by a single point. I cannot say what the exact mod point cost of my action should have been, but it probably would have cost me 122 mod points to increase Kallor's rating for that post. Since I only had two mod points before changing the rating, I believe that a glitch has appeared in the moderation system.

I will also fess up to decreasing this post's rating by one for experimentation purposes, with surprising results. I had not known of the bug at the time and did not take a picture of the post before my rating change. I will gladly reimburse Zch for his lost point should he ask me to.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 03-12-2011 11:37 PM]
03-12-2011 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Major Moderation Bug (0)  
Naw, Mike just asked if I'd change it so that every + or - costs 2 mod points, so I did. No bug, but one of us probably should have said something.

03-12-2011 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Sorry about that. I'll mention it in the next Illumination.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-13-2011 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Whoa there!!!!!

Please, no messing with People's Choice Awards prizes. I understand that the way I gave prizes for the past three years does not make sense in the new modding system. It used to be that if I modded someone's prize acceptance post to +30 or whatever, the average forum member could not change that. Now it's very easy for other forum members to take away the winners' well-deserved prizes. That's not fair. Please don't do that.
03-14-2011 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
It could still cost a zillion points to lower a post with + 30... I agree that you shouldn't be able to delete anyones contest prizes.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 03-14-2011 10:21 AM]
03-14-2011 at 10:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
Huh. Is that why you went with +30? I thought that those were just a nice bonus, with the real prize being the right to put an new obnoxious line in one's sig (or the actual votes, whatever). Anyway, I don't think it's that big a deal.

03-14-2011 at 04:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
No, I've got a variety of complex reasons for the +30s or whatever. To avoid boring people to tears, I'll not explain here. I just really don't want to see modding experiments conducted in the People's Choice Awards Winners topics.
03-14-2011 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Major Moderation Bug (+1)  
Remember too that people like Mike and Schik can PM people rank/mod points as well, thus preventing such shenanigans.

03-14-2011 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Major Moderation Bug (Post finished.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com