Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Talk about the sig of the guy above you (Something to pass the time.)
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon Re: Talk about the sig of the guy above you (0)  
Do you not need food or money any more then? I'll stop sending the packages.
04-02-2005 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Yeah. I agree. :)

04-05-2005 at 01:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vylycyn
Rank Points: 486
There are 3 types of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't.

It would seem that you are in the latter group of people.

Posted post #50,000!!!

I remember that. Quite the accomplishment. Reminds me of how I am the 1000th member of the forum.

My Website

[joking]It's nice, but that clock is so annoying.[/joking]

I have Gmail!

So do I!
I liked the infinity plus one joke they did for April Fools.
Also, if anyone needs a place to get rid of/obtain invites I suggest isnoop.

04-05-2005 at 02:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
I think the robotic monkey slaves are just misunderstood.

04-05-2005 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
Ah yes, the Book-A-Minute feature at Rinkworks. Incredibly funny, and that line in eytanz' sig is one of the best. My favorite condensation is The Collected Work of Stephen King, though.

04-05-2005 at 03:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
You make bored mathematicians sound quite scary. From now on, whenever I'm around a mathematician, I'll be sure to keep him interested.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-08-2005 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I alsolutly love that sig. It's one of the few ones on this forum that no matter how many times I read it, I still manage to get a good laugh out of it.

I have to credit my sister for my sig, but it absolutly cracked me up the first time I heard it. Say it out loud, and then think about it. :)

04-12-2005 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Three angry fiddlers walked into a music store. Shockingly, they came to create a random act of violins.
The first time I read that I read it as "random act of violets", for some reason. In my mind, violets were streaming out of the angry fiddlers violent violins and filled the music store, like furious butterflies.

- Gerry
04-13-2005 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Giant mutant jellyfish on a crusade to eliminate all the Jell-O in the world.....yikes.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-14-2005 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Slashing, whirling, diving, twirling,
Snapping, turning, rising, swirling,
Screeching, flipping, gliding, sliding,
The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....

Its about what the red hawk likes to do. Well he slashs and whirls around, dives (a hawk dives ?) snapps things, turns around, flips glies and slides..... and that all is the red hawks dance of death..... and he is the king of the sky
05-15-2005 at 01:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
What is so mysterious about your hold?(whats with the question marks?) Its is very confusing.

05-16-2005 at 04:20 AM
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
rowrow wrote:
rowrow
There are 3 types of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't.
Progress in JTRH: Level 24.
New hold: I don't know how much is ready so don't keep looking here.

I hold that there are only 2 types of people...
sigh, I can't wait to get MY copy of JTRH.
and there's nothing I can say about your hold.........except maybe you should look and find out how much is ready. :D
05-16-2005 at 03:53 PM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Chalks wrote:
Leadership is the art of influencing and directing others in a way that will gain their confidence, respect, and loyal cooperation in achieving a common goal or objective - USAF

the string 12211986 was found at position 164,607,398 counting from the first digit after the decimal point in Pi.
The first quote reminds me of another one that I like: "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'good dog' until you can get your hands on a really big stick."

It's pretty cool that you found your birthday in pi. Pi is such an interesting number. Shouldn't it theoretically contain every string of numbers in it somewhere, though? If it's truly infinite and truly has no pattern and never repeats itself, shouldn't it therefore contain every possible sting of digits?

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
05-16-2005 at 05:41 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
It's pretty cool that you found your birthday in pi. Pi is such an interesting number. Shouldn't it theoretically contain every string of numbers in it somewhere, though? If it's truly infinite and truly has no pattern and never repeats itself, shouldn't it therefore contain every possible sting of digits?

I think he got that from a website that allows you to search for arbitrary strings in pi.

The fact that a number's decimal representation is infinite and never repeats is not enough to guarantee that every possible string appears somewhere:

is irrational (infinite, nonrepeating decimal representation). But strings like 010010010 or 12345 will never appear.

Now, there may be some theorem that pi does contain every possible string of digits, but I'm not aware of it.

05-17-2005 at 02:05 AM
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Talk about the sig of the guy above you (Something to pass the time.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com