Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : demos (how to play demos)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
IP: Logged
icon demos (0)  
I've forgotten how to play a demo. It's been about 6 yrs since last played. I download the demo. Then select change location but apparently that's for holds.

TIA

02-23-2011 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: demos (+1)  
Go to the relevant level/room in restore/build and press f6.

02-23-2011 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
icon Re: demos/Pulling my hair out (0)  
Hi,
I'm getting so frustrated. Following the previous help I was able to import & play demos in the demo version of the city beneath.

Now, I've purchased the full version & I'm having problems. I download a demo. Clicked on import. Selected the demo to load. I get a message that says the data has been successfully loaded BUT it never appears in the available demo list--yes I have display checked.

Also there are 2 versions of the demo I'm interested in one starts with TCB the other TCBH the TCB version says it has imported but doesn't appear in the list. The TCBH version refuses to import. Why not to both? I purchased the product yesterday how can I not have the latest version? I followed the instructions in the email to the letter. I'm beginning to think I might as well have flushed the $20 down the toilet. I NEVER had these problems with JTRH.

It really shouldn't be so hard.
:(
02-25-2011 at 08:42 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
Do you remember which demo it was?

02-25-2011 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, yarnexpress? Perhaps you could direct me to the demo that you can't import? There may be a problem with the demo, not your game.

To test what I think you're saying, I went to H&S, and downloaded two demos for The City Beneath : The Uncturage : 2 North, 3 East. One of them was Oneiromancer's demo, exported from the full version, labeled TCB. The other was NoahT's demo, exported from the demo version, labeled TCBD. I was able to successfully import and watch both demos in my full TCB, version 3.2.0.83. As far as I know, there isn't an issue with importing either TCB or TCBD demos into the full version of TCB.
02-25-2011 at 10:22 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : demos (how to play demos)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com