Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Poetry Contest! ...Again! (Let me try this a second time...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Poetry Contest! ...Again! (+2)  
Is it a bad idea to run an unofficial contest while official polling is going on? Probably, but I see no other reason to not do this. :D

So, your duty, should you choose to participate, is to write up to three poems of your choosing. You can make any kind of poem, but one rule of the contest is that you must prefix each of your poems with the type of poem it is.
Example wrote:
Here is my poem, folks! I hope you enjoy it.

Haiku

This is a poem.
You can tell just by looking!
I hope it is good...
Here is one list of various poem types. My search for potential lists was not very extensive, as I believe this one is adequate for our purposes.

If you win, well, good job. I only have two mod points in my possession at this time, so I could give the winner a shiny rank point. You will also likely win more respect from other forumites if you win.

EDIT: I really did not think of a time limit before starting the contest. So, the time limit shall be inversely proportional to the number of players playing. To a rough degree, of course.

Get your creativity up and get cracking!

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 01-27-2011 09:33 PM]
01-27-2011 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Re: Poetry Contest! ...Again! (0)  
So let me get this straight... the more poeple decide to enter, the sooner the time limit? I'm already writing an epic poem about the fall of Rasarus... I might enter it in this contest if I'm done with it before time runs out but I don't think I will...

03-18-2011 at 04:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Poetry Contest! ...Again! (Let me try this a second time...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com