Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (Optional room required)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (0)  
This had me stumped for a while - I had completed all required rooms I could find yet the black door wasn't dropping. I eventually completed the optional room at 4S1E and only after doing so, and going through the rooms to the secret this leads to, was I able to get the 'Exit Level' message.

I'm not entirely sure at what point this happened; whether it was after I had visited all of the rooms on the 'secret' path, or just at some point along this path, but it definitely wasn't possible to complete level 15 without completing this optional room.

[Last edited by TripleM at 11-23-2010 05:16 AM]
11-23-2010 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (0)  
That's a bit improbable since Wonderquest hasn't been updated for a long time and nobody has yet mentioned about this issue.

What if you haven't visited enough rooms? Some rooms, like the last one with a lot of gates, need to be visited to trigger the door opening procedure.
11-23-2010 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
icon Re: Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (+1)  
Perhaps - of the few people that get to level 15, most would probably be completing optional rooms anyway, especially DROD players. Besides, it happened, so can't be that improbable :P

Later today I'll restore back to the point where I had a black door, recomplete the optional room, and tell you exactly where I got the exit room message. I have a feeling it won't be after completing that room, but visiting some room later on. (The only rooms I hadn't visited were the ones along the path to the secret).

I had wondered perhaps if there was a room available from rooms near the entrance that I hadn't visited but could have (since you can't backtrack through 1E), but that doesn't seem to be the case. Will let you know.

[Last edited by TripleM at 11-24-2010 01:04 AM]
11-24-2010 at 01:03 AM
TripleM
icon Re: Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (+1)  
I get the Exit Level message as soon as I step from Flying Garden - W to Flying Garden - Exit. It doesn't if I visit Flying Garden - W then return to the south - so it seems as if you are required to visit Flying Garden - Exit before the black door drops.

PS - fantastic game. I played it for a little while at the start, then stopped after a few levels. I then played it again a long time later, stopping somewhere on level 13 or 14 for some reason I forget - but I'm loving it even more the third time, and will definitely be playing Dreams next :) The way you've combined the different people's skills in some rooms is simply incredible.

(The only downside is that it seems to hog my computers CPU, causing my computer to go very hot while playing.. nearly put me off, but not quite yet!)
11-24-2010 at 04:16 AM
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
I appreciate that you like it. My main concern about the game is that it doesn't seem to run smoothly under Windows Vista or Windows 7. XP is the best option here if you want a liquid fast FPS rate.

Talking about the bug: That's exactly what I was thinking. You still need to visit the exit room even if I doesn't have any monsters in it to drop down the black door.

[Last edited by googa at 11-25-2010 12:03 AM]
11-24-2010 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
googa wrote:

Talking about the bug: That's exactly what I was thinking. You still need to visit the exit room even if I doesn't have any monsters in it to drop down the black door.

Yep - except the only way you can get to that room is by completing the optional room at 4S1E.
11-25-2010 at 12:22 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Orion - 'bug' in level 15? (Optional room required)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com