Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Separation of vote and view results in polls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Separation of vote and view results in polls (+1)  
In the new SAPCA poll, the number of voters is claimed to be 47. However, this isn't true. A number of these votes are simply View Results clickers. That means there's the wrong impression that 47 people have thought things through and voted for someone.

This is why I am proposing a change to the system. Let the Total Votes display the number of people that actually clicked the "Vote" button. Meanwhile, I think there should be a box to the left that displays the number of people that clicked the "View Results" button.

I like this because it won't give the wrong impression. As I often say in the real world, I'd prefer a harsh reality to a sugar-coated lie.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
10-25-2010 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Separation of vote and view results in polls (+2)  
Alternately: Basic addition?
10-27-2010 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: Separation of vote and view results in polls (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
Alternately: Basic addition?
And basic subtraction. Add up all the votes in one category and subtract it from the total votes. Better than additional forum software? Probably. Takes a tad longer? Probably.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
10-27-2010 at 04:28 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Separation of vote and view results in polls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com