Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Infinite Ideas architecture contest (First place wins a Smitemaster's Selection!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
IP: Logged
icon Infinite Ideas architecture contest (+5)  
The Idea
It has been years since DROD: Architects' Edition was first released. It has been years, even, since the DROD 3.0 engine was released. Yet every day, despite the hundreds of holds and thousands of unique rooms in existence, there are still a few clever architects who sit down and diligently construct new challenges. Though there are already countless more monsters than any one smitemaster could slay, they continue to guide Beethro's sword - or an evil eye's gaze - towards new foes.

Why? Because they have passion. They have perseverance. And, most importantly of all, they have an idea.

This contest is both a celebration of DROD's remarkable puzzle versatility, as well as an encouragement for architects to ever push towards new ideas and clever interactions within their holds. Special mention must be given to Calamarain's DROD Idea Generator, from where inspiration came and specific challenges are drawn.

The Contest
Included in the secret text below are seven sets of room ideas. Your task is to use all these sets in the construction of a complete hold. Each puzzle room should include (at least) three ideas from a single set. Seven rooms is thus the expected size, although extra empty rooms are allowed for connection, story, or any other optional purpose that allows your creativity to flourish.

The Challenges
Once Played
Click here to view the secret text

Twice Thought

Thrice Braved

Quarce Sought

Quince Made

Sense Wrought

Infinite Ideas

The Details
21nd Sep - 12th Oct: Architects construct and submit their holds.
13th Oct - 18th Oct: Delvers play each hold and vote for their favourite entry.
19th Oct: The winner is announced, and receives their prize.

The deadline for entries to be submitted is theoretically 504 hours from this post, give or take a few hours depending on when I can get the poll up. All entries should be submitted in this thread with 'Who can edit?' set to 'Anyone'. DROD: The City Beneath (or its demo) is required. Minor revisions are allowed only before the deadline. Entries should be judged based on creativity within the challenge guidelines. If the poll ends in a tie, I will cast the deciding vote. On the day the winner is officially announced I will purchase a Smitemaster's Selection download credit and PM the unused code for the hold author to redeem (or pass on themselves, if they choose).

Good skill (luck is for wimpy games) to all who choose to participate, and have fun!
09-21-2010 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1055
IP: Logged

File: Seven Puzzles of Puzzlyness.hold (6.4 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Infinite Ideas architecture contest (+3)  
So I made something for this. Some the ideas were hard to work together.

10-11-2010 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Infinite Ideas architecture contest (First place wins a Smitemaster's Selection!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com