Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Quest Level 4 4N1E (Help me please)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Arkham
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Master Quest Level 4 4N1E (0)  
I've read the sole posting on this room on here. Unfortunately, I'm going to need some more help than that user got. I started out facing east, was able to kill 3 of the four upper left roaches. The fourth left me overwhelmed to the point I couldn't leave the area I holed myself up in :D Can anyone give me some pointers? Maybe tell me the directions to face or what coordinates to change facing as I travel? Thanks so much!
06-11-2010 at 05:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Arkham
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Master Quest Level 4 4N1E (0)  
Rats. I was hoping to come on and see the answer :( I'll just give up on WonderQuest and come back to it another time.
06-13-2010 at 01:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
Sorry guys, I'm very busy. From now on I won't be able to help people with solutions but only provide very basic technical assistance.

Hint: Try posting a picture of the room. (small jpeg, please).
It'll be easier to find help this way.
06-13-2010 at 07:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
For some reason my restore function doesn't work for me (I can acces each level, but no individual rooms). If it did, maybe I could help some. I have at least compleated the game.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-13-2010 08:40 PM]
06-13-2010 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
I relooked this room over, some general hints are:

1. Nikolay can shoot to a maximum of five squares away; use this to your advantage to thin out crowds. You should have plenty of room to move so that the spawning roaches move in straight lines which makes it easy for the bow to do its job.

2. Focus on the roaches being spawned, but make use of the terrain and arrows to take the heat off you. You won't be able to fight them all in open ground; if one side is too strong, put a wall between you and them and they'll suddenly be a lot less troublesome (because they're too dumb to walk around the wall).

3. Try to make progress at all times. You ought to have enough time to at least kill one or two roach queens before the roach spawns hatch; I recommend starting on either the topmost or bottommost 'fort' as you get four queens to kill as well as some helpful walls to keep the heat off of you. From there, go one of the other nearby forts, and maybe even try to take out the queens sitting in the midst of the force arrows, as you can use those to temporarily neutralize the threat of other roaches in addition to the walled terrain. Be safe while doing this, of course, but it shouldn't be very difficult. Hang next to terrain when the horde spawns, and you should be able to shoot down enough of them to make a path towards your next destination (assuming you take the time to eliminate one fort fully before moving on to the next).

As for a picture of this room, here's one:
Click here to view the secret text

A picture of my approximate path should the above not help enough (note: facing changes and retreats not shown):
Click here to view the secret text

07-24-2010 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Master Quest Level 4 4N1E (Help me please)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com