Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Calculating the Gravitational Constant (How doez i do it?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Calculating the Gravitational Constant (0)  
The Gravitational Constant. Also known as "Big G", because that's its variable representation in equations. Manywho? consider it to be the most difficult constant to measure. At the moment, I have to agree. I haven't found anything online that can tell me how to properly calculate it and I haven't communicated directly with anyone about it yet.

To the point. What are the variables involved and what do these variables represent? How should they interact with each other and other numbers? Assuming I have all the numbers, how much difficulty would I might encounter?

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-04-2010 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: Calculating the Gravitational Constant (0)  
I don't really know what you're asking here. Just search "gravitational constant" on google, and it'll tell you.
06-04-2010 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
I was asking what the numbers and variables were in the gravitational constant were, though I recognize them now. Turns out since I had no idea what the constant looked like, I often skimmed over the information of what it was.

Thanks, Someone Else. Now I have the equation in my calculator for later use as well as understand how and why it works. :nerd

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-04-2010 at 06:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Just use Planck units. Then the gravitational constant is defined as 1 (with appropriate dimensions, of course).
06-04-2010 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Calculating the Gravitational Constant (How doez i do it?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com