Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Aardman makes a physics puzzler (it's a good one)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Aardman makes a physics puzzler (+3)  
Sprocket Rocket is a nice game by Aardman Animations. (Yes, they're the Wallace and Gromit / Chicken Run people. Apparently they make games now.) You have a little egg-shaped craft capable of flight in all directions by means of little jets. You are in a two-dimensional physics-based world, and you solve puzzles by going into a design screen and inventing a single tool, to be created and attached to your craft. Simple machines, for the most part. If any of this appeals to you, you should check it out.

If you live in the UK, this game might educate you on "intellectual property", or possibly propagandize you. I didn't pay close attention; if you, like me, are not British, it's just a fun game.

Currently I am stuck on F6, but I suspect it's me being thick and not the puzzle being ridiculous. Done. Kinda wish there'd been more of an ending. Ah well.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-01-2010 11:43 PM]
06-01-2010 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Aardman makes a physics puzzler (0)  
Nice game:)
06-01-2010 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Jatopian wrote:
Currently I am stuck on F6, but I suspect it's me being thick and not the puzzle being ridiculous.
I did it first with a hook, picking up the right hand side only (it won't slip if there's something supporting the outer edge while you lift)

But the easiest way which I just realised has to be the following:

Click here to view the secret text

06-01-2010 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Aardman makes a physics puzzler (+2)  
Jatopian wrote:
If you live in the UK, this game might educate you on "intellectual property", or possibly propagandize you. I didn't pay close attention; if you, like me, are not British, it's just a fun game.
Am I the only one creeped out by the idea that a pro-IP-lecturing game would be veeery much, ahem, "inspired" by Bob Came In Pieces? :huh

[Last edited by Briareos at 06-03-2010 01:13 AM]
06-02-2010 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Aardman makes a physics puzzler (+1)  
So, have you reported them yet?

06-14-2010 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Briareos wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
Am I the only one creeped out by the idea that a pro-IP-lecturing game would be veeery much, ahem, "inspired" by Bob Came In Pieces? :huh
rofl! Great find :)
06-17-2010 at 12:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Aardman makes a physics puzzler (it's a good one)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com