Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 3 : 1s, 2w
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
MidniteMoonlight
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Level 3 : 1s, 2w (0)  

Well... this is the room I'm stuck on. I keep getting killed! I go up, and no matter where I go, I can't turn around, kill something, then turn back around.. Any suggestions?
06-30-2004 at 03:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Level 3 : 1s, 2w (+1)  
Use the room's architecture to your advantage. The roaches can't go through walls, so choose the order in which you attack them carefully. Beyond that, there's really not much I can tell you.

06-30-2004 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
Here's a drawn-out solution for you. Made by me.
Click here to view the secret text

07-06-2004 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Level 3 : 1s, 2w (0)  
Unfortunately, the route you've drawn doesn't really account for all the roaches that will be running around everywhere. i'd actually advise differently and saythat you'd be better off doing the room anti-clockwise(ly) by going to the right side of the room and heading for the top-right corner first. Then you will only have roaches attacking from the west side of the room.

Also...

If you are in a narrow passage, and there are roaches in front of you and also to a 90 degree direction clockwise or anti-clockwise, you can entice the ones that you are not facing to come to you by walking out of the passage for one square and then stepping back in.

07-06-2004 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
Agaricus, that route seemed to work for me. Sometimes ya gotta twist your sword around but it's a basic route made by an inexperienced DRODer.
07-07-2004 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 3 : 1s, 2w
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No