Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Match-up of the Decade (Our News for April) This topic has been locked
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Match-up of the Decade (0)  
Tahnan wrote:
I hate April Fool's Day because it encourages pranks that some people believe, thereby either making them angry that they're true, or else making them happy that they're true and thus making them angry when they find out they're not true.
For sure...it's definitely a love-hate relationship.
Topeka.com's annual April Fool's pranks are funny; things like this are just...well, why get some people's hopes up and then screw them over?
I dunno...the Topeka news shocked the geek in me to the core. I don't know when I'll get over it.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-02-2010 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: The Match-up of the Decade (0)  
Coming out of lurk mode to say, this better not be a joke.

EDIT: A reread later and boy, I must be tired to believe that. Anyways, well played joke. Probably the only one that got me.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 04-03-2010 08:03 AM]
04-03-2010 at 06:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: The Match-up of the Decade (+1)  
Okay, joke's over. Apologies to anyone who got offended.

I'll play a game of "two truths and a lie":

Truth: My phone conversations with Scott Miller really did happen as I described

Lie: Caravel has received an exclusive licensing deal from an offshoot of 3D Realms

Truth: It is my childhood dream to build up a successful, well-known and respected game company

---------------

Caravel has done some decent April Fools' Day jokes in the past. When some of them involve actually releasing a long-expected game, it's pretty hard to top that. Real life has caught up with the development team at large in a big way, hence development on our latest title has slowed considerably. However, that doesn't mean our dreams are being abandoned. I'm still working toward getting the next game title out as fast as I can while managing Caravel operations, my day job and my family in a responsible way. I can imagine this reality to be bittersweet to many DROD fans. I have previously described to some in private conversations how my personal desires to have Caravel continue in successfully providing innovative and satisfying games, coupled with our current slow pace, has been emotionally painful for me as well. It's easier to throw my hands up and walk away from this type of internal turmoil, but I'm not that type of individual. I want to complete what I started.

Our latest prank is in that vein. Bittersweet, while acknowledging that we do not forget our dreams, and with homage to all stalwarts of the Caravel community that we understand your pain in waiting what seems like forever for a much-awaited game to appear. (What's with that SC2, already?)

Thank you to all the well-wishers -- your kinds words, in any event, give us encouragement to continue working on future game titles with all our heart!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-03-2010 03:22 PM]
04-03-2010 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: The Match-up of the Decade (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Lie: Caravel has received an exclusive licensing deal from an offshoot of 3D Realms
See, now this game is not going to get released. This is why partnering with 3D Realms was a mistake; they never get anything done.
04-04-2010 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Match-up of the Decade (Our News for April) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com