Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : RPG Contests
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon RPG Contests (0)  
When DROD: RPG was released we split the forum in two and created individual game boards for each aspect of the game, Feature Requests, Architecture, Holds, Hints and Solutions, Challenges and Bugs.

But we did not make separate boards for each game Contests.

My question is why, if we split up the boards so each game has its own specific board, why isn't their an RPG Contests board?

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon

[Last edited by Samuel at 02-23-2010 09:50 AM]
02-23-2010 at 09:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: RPG Contests (0)  
02-23-2010 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1064
Hold Contests do not equal all contests. That''s why a split would be pointless. Want more RPG contests? Make them yourself.

02-23-2010 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: RPG Contests (+1)  
Many constests in the past have had less to do with the games and more to do with Caravel itself. Notice how there is only one General Board or The Site Board? The information in them pertain either to the website itself or all Caravel products. On the other hand, the Drod Bugs Board or the Drod RPG Holds Board rely purely on the game genre. The Contests Board is no different from the former group. It generalizes all Caravel Products (and occasionally things having nothing to do with Caravel) for forumite usage.

Just my concept of forum organization. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-23-2010 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
We've had monthly official contests and user-run contests in the Contests board that have had nothing to do with either DROD or DROD: RPG. In addition, aside from maybe an effort to clarify in topic titles or in initial post descriptions what game any game-based contest is for, there's no need to split apart DROD or DROD: RPG contests.

Essentially, as I understand it, contests are not a game aspect, but a Caravel aspect, and are thus located in the main Caravel Boards category.

02-23-2010 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : RPG Contests
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com