Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : WAG Beta (New version, check it out)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged

File: WAG.rar (496.6 KB)
Downloaded 66 times.
License: Other
icon WAG Beta (+3)  
What A Game! by Nils Perers (that's me)

WAG is currently in beta stage, so there are only three levels available.

There's a cheat that gives you loads of money in the beta.
It is only for bugtesting purposes, and I don't want the game ruined, so if you want to know it PM me.

You'll need this dll file in your system directory to be able to play it.

Please report any bugs you encounter in this thread.
Thank you.

[Edited by Nillo on 08-14-2004 at 07:43 PM GMT: New version]

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-25-2004 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: WAG Beta (0)  
Are there any system requirements for the game? My comp is slow and would have a heart attack if I ran a fast game on it.

06-25-2004 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Are there any system requirements for the game? My comp is slow and would have a heart attack if I ran a fast game on it.
I don't know...
It's a pretty small and simple game, so it should work properly.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
06-25-2004 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
icon Re: WAG Beta (+1)  
It's a good game - simple yet enjoyable. I had issues with it a first(BE SURE TO WRITE SOMEWHERE IN THE PROGRAM WHICH BUTTON IS SHOOT!!!), but after that I really enjoyed it.

Graphics - 4/5 - They are simple, but it's not going for a fancy look.
Gameplay - 3.5/5 - There are a couple of issues controlling him and shooting him, but after awhile, you do get used to it.
Storyline - 2/5 - The best I could pick up was that the guy hated smilies for some reason.
Sound - 3/5 - It COULD get better.

Overall score - 8/10
Get it..it's free and, for now, gives you plenty of enjoyment.

EDIT: :yay 100th post!!!!!

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 on 06-25-2004 at 07:10 PM GMT]

06-25-2004 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Thanks for the feedback!
I plan to add some sort of story later.
I'll fix the controls, too.

If anyone else has anything to suggest or report, please do so.
I will have a new version ready soon, I just want to finish the third level first.

[Edited by Nillo on 06-25-2004 at 08:40 PM GMT]

06-25-2004 at 07:58 PM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
How do you go on to the next level? I'm killing about 15 smileys a level and nothing's happening....

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
06-26-2004 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
joker5 wrote:
How do you go on to the next level? I'm killing about 15 smileys a level and nothing's happening....

~joker5
The second level should be available on the Level Selection screen after you've played the first level... is it not?

06-26-2004 at 08:56 AM
joker5
I can't get there. I've tried clicking on it, pressing attack, block, left, right, up, down. Nothing.

~joker5

06-26-2004 at 03:29 PM
joker5
Oops. I was fooling around and I found the money cheat!

EDIT: There's no ROI on the bow. What I mean is, you spend more money on ammo than any reward at any stage. It's rather depressing. In order to get 10 coins you must spend at least 13 arrows, which equals out to 26 coins! That's not even including the cost of the bow...

Unless the rewards are higher at other levels?

~joker5

[Edited by joker5 on 06-26-2004 at 03:22 PM GMT]

06-26-2004 at 04:15 PM
Nillo
joker5 wrote:
I can't get there. I've tried clicking on it, pressing attack, block, left, right, up, down. Nothing.

~joker5
Weird.
I've tried re-installing, deleting my saved games and everything, and I still get to the second level just fine.

When I get access to another computer I'll see if I experience any problems...
There's no ROI on the bow. What I mean is, you spend more money on ammo than any reward at any stage. It's rather depressing. In order to get 10 coins you must spend at least 13 arrows, which equals out to 26 coins! That's not even including the cost of the bow...

Unless the rewards are higher at other levels?
Yes, the rewards will be much higher later on.
The bow is'nt meant to be used on the earlier levels, that's why it's so expensive.

06-26-2004 at 09:49 PM
joker5
What do you do to move the level select cursor?

~joker5

06-26-2004 at 10:13 PM
Nillo
joker5 wrote:
What do you do to move the level select cursor?

~joker5
Press either the "Previous" button or the "Next" button.

06-26-2004 at 11:21 PM
joker5
Oh. Nope, none of those.

~joker5

06-26-2004 at 11:22 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Um, joker?

There are four buttons on the bottom that look like this :

/      |_Back to Shop_ |     \\
|------|---------------|------|
\\Prev  |Accept Mission |Next /

Have you tried hitting accept mission? I've been able to get to the second level fine. Third level isn't done yet.

06-26-2004 at 11:42 PM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
My screen doesn't have the next and previous buttons on it. I can only play the first level over and over. No way I can find to get to the second.

The only place next and previous appear are when shopping.
06-28-2004 at 12:15 AM
joker5
Um... Nillo? The back and forward buttons are blank.

Edit: As in, they don't work.

~joker5

[Edited by joker5 on 07-08-2004 at 05:51 AM GMT]

06-28-2004 at 05:46 AM
Nillo
Update!

I changed the way unlocking levels is handled, hopefully it will work now.
If you still have problems getting to the second level, please tell me.

I also added Level 3, made Magic Scrolls better, added a readme file and fixed a rank bug in Level 2.
Enjoy! :)

08-14-2004 at 09:03 PM
joker5
*tells*

Seriously, perhaps you should set it to clickable... or doesn't that work?

~joker5

08-16-2004 at 05:48 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Level 3 is WAY TOO EASY!!!!! I'd suggest making him have some sort of projectile attack or something, because it's a very easy way to earn 30 coins.

08-16-2004 at 07:22 PM
Nillo
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Level 3 is WAY TOO EASY!!!!! I'd suggest making him have some sort of projectile attack or something, because it's a very easy way to earn 30 coins.
It's only the third level, so I'll just lower the prize money instead.
joker5 wrote:
*tells*
I have no idea at all what could be the problem.
Does the victory screen say "Level 2 Unlocked!" the first time you win the level?

I guess I'll try something new... I will fix this!
Seriously, perhaps you should set it to clickable... or doesn't that work?
It is'nt even a button object, so I don't think that would work.

[Edited by Nillo on 08-16-2004 at 07:00 PM GMT]

08-16-2004 at 07:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : WAG Beta (New version, check it out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com