Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Way Forward : Workflow Direction Center : Secret Room (The one with the gel, not the other one.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Way Forward : Workflow Direction Center : Secret Room (+1)  
OK, the tar version of this room was interesting, but didn't give me *too* much trouble. The gel version, on the other hand... well, I can't seem to work out how to carve it properly at all, in order to keep the roach where I want it. The best I ever seem to be able to do is reach the third corner, but by then, the roach always gets out of what little gel maze I can make for it, and it's not long after that before it triggers one of the pressure plates.

Any hints?

01-11-2010 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Way Forward : Workflow Direction Center : Secret Room (+1)  
Hikari wrote:
OK, the tar version of this room was interesting, but didn't give me *too* much trouble. The gel version, on the other hand... well, I can't seem to work out how to carve it properly at all, in order to keep the roach where I want it. The best I ever seem to be able to do is reach the third corner, but by then, the roach always gets out of what little gel maze I can make for it, and it's not long after that before it triggers one of the pressure plates.

Any hints?

Click here to view the secret text

01-11-2010 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
icon Re: Way Forward : Workflow Direction Center : Secret Room (0)  
Mmph... That's only marginally helping. I don't seem to be able to control things quite as well as I'd like, just because of... well, controlling things inside the gelblob seems to be my biggest problem, really. Though I'm probably also not chopping things up properly. :/

01-11-2010 at 08:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Hikari wrote:
Mmph... That's only marginally helping. I don't seem to be able to control things quite as well as I'd like, just because of... well, controlling things inside the gelblob seems to be my biggest problem, really. Though I'm probably also not chopping things up properly. :/

Even knowing what you have to do, it takes a fair amount of trial and error to get the right shape.

I'm not sure what else I can offer to help, but if you're really stuck I can post a demo (if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

Josh

01-11-2010 at 09:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Am I on the right track in thinking I have to do something fiddley with the four doors in the middle of the room?

01-11-2010 at 10:05 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Yeah, the doors are important. They're not necessary in the tar version of the room, but I put them in the gel version of the room (and thus in the tar version) since I couldn't solve the room without their help.

The key bit to this room, I think, is understanding what kinds of shapes you can carve out of the gel, and which would be the most useful for the clockwise movement around the room you want. You don't need to do much carving... just make a chamber of the right shape and function.

(If it helps, in the previous room and this room, the number of rings around the chamber that Beethro could make without letting the roach out is essentially infinite, but I put the required number at one and a half to make the point well enough.)

01-12-2010 at 12:59 AM
Ivcha Pivcha
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 80
For heaven's sake, can someone post a demo for this horrible room. Please? Pretty pretty please?

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco
09-26-2010 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505

File: WF Workflow Direction Center 2N1W Victory.demo (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 61 times.
License: Public Domain
Here you go
09-26-2010 at 10:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ivcha Pivcha
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 80
Thanks a lot! Once again you saved the day. Zdravstvuj! :yay

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco
09-26-2010 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Way Forward : Workflow Direction Center : Secret Room (The one with the gel, not the other one.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com