Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : RPG in an RPG hold (Help!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
IP: Logged
icon RPG in an RPG hold (0)  
Hi this is about me building the RPG in the RPG game well im stuck I just cant figure out wear I start. Its hard i want to build a game like fangs knights honer by the way fang are you steal working on that?The point is i cant get of how to start would any body like to join me makeing my hold please.I just fuged out how to do the if... script and the question thing.I cant get good scripting so if you want to help me please post hear or give me same tips.By the way if my hold workes i well post updates hear.
09-14-2009 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
IP: Logged
icon Re: RPG in an RPG hold (0)  
Hi Minimike,

You probably won't want to hear this, but it needs to be said. From looking at some of your other holds, I just don't think you're ready to tackle a project like this. It will be scripting-intensive, so you will need to have a thorough grasp of how the scripting system works. I'm happy to help, but there's not much I can do with such a vague problem as "I can't get good scripting." Have you read all the in-game help pages? Try reading one section at a time and trying using the things in it to make sure you've learned them before moving on to the next. If there's a particular detail you get stuck with, then come and ask about it. Also check out the DAA Architectural Handbook thread, which contains several posts about scripting.

As for actually getting started on your hold, if you're determined to go ahead with that, then I would suggest you come up with a more specific concept -- what do you want your opening room to look like, what do you want the scripts in it to do? If you let us know that then it might be easier for us to help you.

09-14-2009 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : RPG in an RPG hold (Help!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com