Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A point and a question (Questions first)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dr. Murphy
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 46
IP: Logged
icon A point and a question (+1)  
My question is: Where is Rooted Hold in the Eighth? It seems to have many pathways that connect to the world, making it seem like it is in the very middle of the surface map - roughly around Rasarus.

My notice is that weather due to sun exposure seems to be reverse of what is seen on Earth. The equator, located near Rasarus, seems to be the coldest place on the Eighth. The far south, south of Ephelna, seems to be very warm. The far north, at Sun Island, seems to be even hotter than the Eighth's southern seas. Perhaps this is because of these reasons:

The sun (according to Clayton's map, found here) is an unspecified distance above Sun Island. Since the Eighth's ability of space folding exists, the sun's energy and heat travels to the center point of the Eighth, meaning much of the energy is then transferred from the center to the outskirts of the world. The energy only makes it so far inland before it can't fight the coldness, and that's how Rasarus is so cold. The energy can't reach the equator because it is do darn far away from the outskirts and from the center.
09-12-2009 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Re: A point and a question (+1)  
Well, it's probably north of Blorn, at any rate. That's where the High Path was always pointing.

09-12-2009 at 08:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A point and a question (Questions first)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com