Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : RPG in an RPG game (Idea)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
IP: Logged
icon RPG in an RPG game (0)  
you no i just had an idea of building an RPG game in an RPG game whan you build a hold in drod rpg then you battle in an rpg way liklike you can have

Mage
Range
Fighet

all of that stuff
08-31-2009 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: RPG in an RPG game (+2)  
Yes, you could. In fact, you could do it with a fairly small amount of scripting--say, an initial room where you choose your "class" and are given a weapon, perhaps a piece of equipment, perhaps a special "power" (immunity to sneak attacks from goblins for Ranges, ability to strike first even without a sword for Fighets, and so on). It could be interesting.

Of course, that doesn't make it a feature request. More like an architecture request, perhaps. What you seem to be saying is "Hey, you know what would be cool? If RPG worked like an actual roleplaying game, like if it was Gauntlet or something. In fact, it should be Gauntlet! In fact in fact, I'm going to go download Gauntlet instead!"

Feel free to actually explain what you're requesting. I'd urge you to do so coherently and grammatically, but I realize I might as well talk to a dining room table.
08-31-2009 at 11:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: RPG in an RPG game (+1)  
You may be looking for this.

08-31-2009 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
icon Re: RPG in an RPG game (0)  
This gives me a grate idea i well make one of this kinds of holds any wish to join the beta bored send me a PM
08-31-2009 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Knaight
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Tahnan wrote:Of course, that doesn't make it a feature request. More like an architecture request, perhaps. What you seem to be saying is "Hey, you know what would be cool? If RPG worked like an actual roleplaying game, like if it was Gauntlet or something. In fact, it should be Gauntlet! In fact in fact, I'm going to go download Gauntlet instead!"

However DROD has better defined, more interesting, and clearer monsters and elements than Gauntlet. Gauntlet has varying faceless humanoid hordes, DROD has Seeps and Golems, both of which are more interesting than anything Gauntlet has. Gauntlet has switches and buttons, DROD has Trap Doors and Hot Tiles. Gauntlet has healing and Mana potions, DROD has Mimics, Bait, Clones.

I would play a real time, stat based DROD RPG, simply because it is such an interesting setting even divorced from the puzzles.
09-08-2009 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
You know, given the amount of content DROD has, it would be quite possible to create a solid roguelike, based on DROD universe. It has enough unique elements to make it distinct (mimics, hot tiles, etc) and if DooM can have one, why not DROD?

I will consider doing this project when I have more programming experience.

09-08-2009 at 10:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Knaight wrote:
I would play a real time, stat based DROD RPG, simply because it is such an interesting setting even divorced from the puzzles.
Well, and that could well be. But the point is that it's not a feature request for RPG, it's a request for a completely different game.
09-08-2009 at 11:19 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
eb0ny wrote:
You know, given the amount of content DROD has, it would be quite possible to create a solid roguelike, based on DROD universe.
Too bad there'll be no random level generation... :(

np: The Field - The More I Do (Thomas Fehlmann Mix) (Various - Kompakt Total 10 (Disc 2))

09-09-2009 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Not all roguelikes have random level generation, you know. ADOM in particular has lots and lots of hard-coded levels. Legerdemain has all the dungeons pre-set and only the monsters are random.

Anyway, why not random level generation too? As people said, it would be a completely different game...

04-02-2010 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : RPG in an RPG game (Idea)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com