Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged

File: Mirror and Fuse Bug.drh (831 bytes)
Downloaded 48 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (+2)  
See the attached hold.

Mirrors cannot be placed on top of fuses to start with in the DROD: RPG editor. However, it's possible (and sometimes desirable) to push a mirror on top of a fuse, to snuff out a flame.

Push a mirror on top of a fuse. Leave the room. Come back, and the square of fuse beneath the mirror is deleted, possibly cutting the fuse.

As should hopefully be obvious, the desired behavior would be to come back to the room and find the fuse uncut and the mirror intact.

08-16-2009 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (-1)  
Dude it only workes if the fuse is lit and the mirror well only do it if the fust if on the sopt the lit fuse is going
08-17-2009 at 10:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (0)  
You know, I can usually make out more or less what rudimentary semblance of a thought minimick is trying to express. In this case, the closest I can come is "my cat is walking across my keyboard."

Or, perhaps more accurately, "my parents need to keep me off the forum until I'm old enough to actually communicate."

08-18-2009 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (0)  
Yes, D, that's what I said, only I did it by clicking the "Bad" button to rate the post. Seriously, Minimick, could you make some effort to communicate clearly?
08-18-2009 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (+2)  
Unfortunately, italics aren't going to teach an eleven-year-old how to write.

Maybe we could replace the newly added CAPTCHA in the registration process with the SAT verbal section.

This is a great bug find. Are there any other combinations of elements that the mirror might misbehave with? In a quick and non-comprehensive run-through, I could reproduce with mirrors on tokens, keys, and accessories, so this is an entire class of bugs.

Edit: It looks like mirrors will destroy anything from the third tab that it can move onto. This includes-

Weapons (also empty slot)
Shields (also empty slot)
Accesssories
Map
Keys
Scrolls
Fuses
Tokens

The question: Is this intentional?

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 08-18-2009 02:54 AM]
08-18-2009 at 02:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (+2)  
Mirrors are heavy, handle with care. They will crush everything in their way to bring forth a new era where HUMANS are immobile and get pushed around by mirrors to activate pressure plates. However, the human population will be depleted because mirrors will put them to block Aumtlich gazes when they already are immune, leading to a very serious shortage of humans. Those remaining will form a rebellion, the Rebellion Anti-Use of Humans for Mundane Tasks, or the RAUHMT. To fight against the mirrors, the RAUHMT will need to build weapons, since what was left was destroyed by the mirrors. They will eventually succeed, but the world will never be the same without mirrors to activate plates and block gazes... Maybe one day there will be peace...

08-18-2009 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems (+4)  
Beta build 1.2.0.56 will remember what was under mirrors when you leave a room and then return to it.

This fix changed the data format. This means that if you export a *.drh hold from a later beta build, only other people running version 1.2.0.56 or later will be able to import it. And if you play in a beta release, the CaravelNet spider may or may not reject your score submissions until version 1.2 is made official and the spider upgrades to 1.2. (It depends exactly what data is sent, and I don't know the details of that.) mrimer will remind everyone of all this when he posts the 1.2.0.56 beta.

If there's a long enough time gap between the next beta release and the following official 1.2 release, or if somebody asks nicely enough, I could put together a tool to convert *.drh files from beta builds to the old format.

03-27-2010 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Mirror and Fuse Room-Loading Problems
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com