Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Zorglub
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 74
IP: Logged
icon The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance (0)  
Well, I'm stuck! I can drop the trapdoor, put roaches in the pressure plates, but I'm missing one monster for the last pressure plate.
Click here to view the secret text

Any hint please?
08-14-2009 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance (+1)  
The guard is much easier to deal with if he can't find a path to Beethro's location - in that case, he'll happily just move into a dead end in Beethro's general direction.

08-15-2009 at 01:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zorglub
Rank Points: 74
icon Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance (0)  
Thanks, but...

08-15-2009 at 11:03 AM
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance (+1)  
I think your second sentence is on the wrong track, and I'm not sure about the third, depending on what you're doing when. Your last statement is correct, and is the first thing you should do. I'll put what should go on what pressure plates in secret tags; that might help with unpacking the room.

And a note on blocking guard pathmapping:

It's a neat room, but the guard manipulation's pretty tricky.

08-15-2009 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance (0)  
i'm having trouble with this room too. i can't figure out how to do the needed things in correct order.

if i release the guard i'm able to drop the trapdoor. but i don't see any way to get the roaches on the pressure plate at the closed red door and then the guard into the upper area.

sure i'm missing something...

zaubberer
:wizard
12-29-2010 at 01:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ivcha Pivcha
Rank Points: 80

File: TGtBatUc Lack of Aesthetics The Entrance Victory.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
Ugly demo for an ugly room. What can be better than that?

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco
12-30-2010 at 09:43 AM
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
thnx very much! i really blamed because it looks so easy since i know HOW to... :-)

zaubberer
:wizard
01-01-2011 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly compilation : Lack of Aesthetics : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com