Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (How far can you make it?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged

File: DYC.JPG (94 KB)
Downloaded 117 times.
License: Other
icon Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (+1)  
If you want to brag how much of a kick-ass castle you have, submit your highscores here. To do this, make a four panel window with the game in live action, level complete screen, shop screen and the next level screen. See the attachment for more info.

Let's see how far you can go!

Sorry about the big file Schik, changed it to JPEG

[Edited by Stuwy on 06-07-2004 at 03:22 AM GMT]
06-07-2004 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (+1)  
For those who haven't played this before, you can find it here.

Also, while we have a larger attachment limit now, for screenshots and the like, please try to use a format that uses compression, like PNG or JPEG.

06-07-2004 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (0)  
Made it up to level 15 on my first try. Interesting game. But WHY, OH, WHY the thousands and thousands of repetitive mouse motions? Is this game made by a company that sells mouse pads?!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-07-2004 at 07:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
Gah. I can only ever get as far as the level with the giants (14). Whatever I try the buggers are too much for me...

"Oook!"
06-07-2004 at 08:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: castle.jpg (31.5 KB)
Downloaded 81 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (+1)  
Blech. What an ultimately trivial and disappointing game. I played a second time, using a different strategy than on my first try: by the time I reached level 15, I didn't have to toss enemies any more, ever. By the time I reached level 20, I didn't have to do anything to pass each stage from then on.

Kinda like the opposite of the real-time strategy micro-management problem -- the more progress you make in this game, the less you have to tell anything what to do.

06-07-2004 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Bah, my wrist was going through hell! Especially when you have this for a mouse. No joke.
06-07-2004 at 06:43 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Beh, I only played to around level 5 and got bored. Nice mouse - is that ball instead or in addition to the mouseball?

06-07-2004 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
eytanz wrote:
Beh, I only played to around level 5 and got bored. Nice mouse - is that ball instead or in addition to the mouseball?

Nope, that's the ball right there. So it involves 0% of wrist movement. When I first got it, it was a little honkypox (especially playing Halflife), but now I'm use to it.
06-07-2004 at 11:39 PM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
Arrrrggghhhh. I got a bad score compared to you guys. For some reason though, I just spontaneously lost ALL my archers, wizards, and craftsmen. Then I just ended up with a couple of wizards and the giants overwhelmed me, and I lost.

Click here to view the secret text

The best hold in the world!
06-09-2004 at 06:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
SKWERLL wrote:
For some reason though, I just spontaneously lost ALL my archers, wizards, and craftsmen. Then I just ended up with a couple of wizards and the giants overwhelmed me, and I lost.
That happened to me on my first game too. The trick was realizing that the maintenance fee (you know, how much it says to need to pay for your forces at the end of each round) needs to be in your account at the beginning of the round, not the end. If you, say, spend all but 2000 before a round where you have lots of forces, then most of those forces will disappear by the end of the round. Keeping enough money in your account before each round to pay for your forces is the key to success.

06-09-2004 at 05:50 PM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Mwhahaha! Finally, a place where I reign supreme!

My powers are beyond your comprehension. I have so many wizards I personally convert EVERYONE who survives my archers, including the large fellows, at a rate of about three people per second.

Oh, except for the belly bombers. Those I just use to kill their allies.

I believe I reached level 26... I accidentally deleted my cookie, though, so I have no proof except my memories. Anyone know when the dragons in the screenshot appear?

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
06-11-2004 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
joker5 wrote:
Anyone know when the dragons in the screenshot appear?

Dragons? I Have not seen any dragons so far and I am around level 32 now.

[Edited by Stuwy on 06-11-2004 at 11:36 PM GMT]
06-12-2004 at 12:36 AM
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
I am beating stage 24 while typing this message. I have just been browsing the web for the last 4 stages. I have to agree with mrimer.
06-12-2004 at 10:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Defend Your Castle Ultimate HighScores (How far can you make it?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com