Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Goodies
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Goodies (0)  
Do goodies still work anymore? Ever since the release of TCB, I suspect nobody posted anything about goodies. Was the code changed? Are there any people who still have the goodies tab in their profile?

The tags haven't changed. For example:

[goodies]Erik is somewhat nifty.[/goodies]
results in a hidden message. Will this ever be changed?

EDIT: Either the code for hiding how to make bar tags has failed/been removed, or the author of the bar tag post can read their own tags.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 07-29-2009 11:39 PM]
07-29-2009 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Goodies (0)  
nope.
07-29-2009 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Logout: "This text will be revealed when you have solved the riddle of the bar."

Login: Yes he is.

It seems the functionality is there (but the tab is gone of course).
07-29-2009 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
12th Archivist wrote:
Ever since the release of TCB, I suspect nobody posted anything about goodies.
There is a discussion thread about the goodies tag if you had searched the forum yourself and it will tell you about what happened to it.

Hint: Look for the incredibly non-obvious word "Goodies" in the Subject and you will find it.

On the other hand, I could tell you everything about Caravel's Next Big Project in goodies tags... ;)

[Last edited by Tim at 07-30-2009 12:34 AM]
07-30-2009 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I'm sure it wouldn't work. But just in case, do it all the same.
07-30-2009 at 12:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
You're kidding...
[goodies]:woot[/goodies]
Ahah! For years I have wondered how to do that! If only I could travel back in time to when there was that "solvers of the riddle of the bar" discussion.
Well, I still would have no clue what anybody else was saying, but it would be amusing all the same. Kinda like that Proactive Conversation game.

08-06-2009 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4591
Tim wrote:
There is a discussion thread about the goodies tag if you had searched the forum yourself and it will tell you about what happened to it.
You must mean this topic, since it's the only one (apart from this) that comes up on a search for "Goodies". But that topic contains nothing but four people making suggestions, and no sign that a conclusion was ever reached.

08-09-2009 at 06:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Nuntar wrote:
Tim wrote:
You must mean this topic, since it's the only one (apart from this) that comes up on a search for "Goodies". But that topic contains nothing but four people making suggestions, and no sign that a conclusion was ever reached.
Well done, you've found out what's exactly had happened! Hopefully that answered the questions made by the first poster in this thread.

On the other hand, you don't sound very happy with the decision made in the thread though. Care to talk about it?

08-09-2009 at 09:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Goodies
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com