Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD level renderer ((in isometric perspective))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
IP: Logged
icon DROD level renderer (+6)  
I want to present you something I've been working on for quite some time now. It is a not-too-complex application, which lets you draw stuff on a triangular lattice. You have a standart array of options: undo/redo, pencil and bucket fill tools etc.
And you can import DROD level layouts into it. Here are some renders:

Click here to view the secret text

If you want to try it out, you can visit project's site here. There you can download the windows version and the source code. Since I have no access to other platforms (and I'm not making 6 different packages for every major linux distro), those with macs and linux will have compile it themselves. Plus, Wine doesn't work due to this bug (tested under version 1.1.26 - still no text).

Note that at this point it can only import a DROD level from an image. This means that you will have to take screenshot of a level in H&S board and crop it to a minimap. All six themes from DROD 2.0+ are present.

Any and all feedback is appreciated :blush

[Last edited by eb0ny at 07-19-2009 09:03 PM]
07-18-2009 at 08:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: DROD level renderer (0)  
That looks rather cool
07-19-2009 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
This is a neat little gadget, but it has caused me to resume having nightmares about Level 13.

07-19-2009 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
halyavin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
Wow! :thumbsup May be I will train my programming skills to write something similar in java so that linux guys doesn't need to recompile...
07-19-2009 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD level renderer ((in isometric perspective))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com