Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Some weird bug in Firefox
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged

File: here.JPG (818 bytes)
Downloaded 66 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Some weird bug in Firefox (0)  
Firefox 3.5 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/2.0;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 GTB5) acts a bit weird on caravel, to be more precise, it displays empty pop-up hints anywhere on the site (image attached). Obviously, there was a mouse above the "box"; but it does not screen-shoot it
07-06-2009 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: Some weird bug in Firefox (+1)  
I had the same problem. I switched to Google Chrome and that seemed to stop Firefox from doing that :P

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-06-2009 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
icon Re: Some weird bug in Firefox (0)  
Umm, mind giving a bigger screenshot? A line with a square on top of it doesn't help. :|

@Samuel: One browser cannot make another browser stop doing something. Unless it's Internet Explorer and Microsoft makes a 'patch' that deletes all other web browsers on a Windows machine... :P

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-06-2009 06:41 AM]
07-06-2009 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
It was a joke, I meant that when I stopped using Firefox that fixed the problem :no

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-06-2009 at 07:11 AM
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
13th Slayer wrote:
Firefox 3.5 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/2.0;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 GTB5) acts a bit weird on caravel, to be more precise, it displays empty pop-up hints anywhere on the site (image attached). Obviously, there was a mouse above the "box"; but it does not screen-shoot it
Must be some extension you're using, as Firefox 3.5 does nothing of the sort here... I'd say it's probably an extension that wasn't updated for 3.5, or at least not correctly.

You can use the MR Tech Toolkit extension to disable all extensions and then re-enable them one by one until this happens again; that should allow you to find the culprit...

07-06-2009 at 10:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
Briareos wrote:
13th Slayer wrote:
Must be some extension you're using, as Firefox 3.5 does nothing of the sort here... I'd say it's probably an extension that wasn't updated for 3.5, or at least not correctly.

You can use the MR Tech Toolkit extension to disable all extensions and then re-enable them one by one until this happens again; that should allow you to find the culprit...
by the way, how to erase a plug-in that i installed someday and it does not work but is UNERASEABLE (the delete box is disabled), i belive it was included with some app.
07-06-2009 at 11:40 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
13th Slayer wrote:
by the way, how to erase a plug-in that i installed someday and it does not work but is UNERASEABLE (the delete box is disabled), i belive it was included with some app.
You know, it would really help if you stated which extension (plugin?) you're talking about here...

np: Tim Exile - Bad Dust (Listening Tree)

07-06-2009 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
13th Slayer wrote:
You will need to find the extension on your system; it is a .dll/.so file but I forget where they hide.
07-07-2009 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
No need to use the mr toolkit. Just run firefox safemode. In fact I recommend trying to run it in that, as that should allow you to temporary revert firefox back to the out of the box software.
07-07-2009 at 11:12 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Some weird bug in Firefox
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com