Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : [FR]Forum chatroom[/FR]
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon [FR]Forum chatroom[/FR] (0)  
As of now i clicked the "Submit Hold" button for the first time in my life. There is a thing allowing you to chat with HA's, so why not have a chatroom for all users? It would be great. We do have an IRC channel, but it's unnoficial and nobody visits it.

[Last edited by 13th Slayer at 07-06-2009 05:36 AM]
07-06-2009 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
icon Re: [FR]Forum chatroom[/FR] (0)  
In-Game CaravelNet chat. Sure, you need a full membership, but $12 a year (or whatever the price is) isn't a lot. You pay more for the Orange Box, for gob's sake! :P

07-06-2009 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
How about having a forum chatroom which links-in to the CaravelNet one? Probably requiring CNet in order not to make that a bit redundant. Having to enter a game just to use the chatroom is going to be a bit awkward.
07-06-2009 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1228
AtkinsSJ wrote:
How about having a forum chatroom which links-in to the CaravelNet one? Probably requiring CNet in order not to make that a bit redundant. Having to enter a game just to use the chatroom is going to be a bit awkward.
That would be perfect, except for the fact that the CaravelNet requirement does not allow all forumites to participate in chat, but I see why it would be necessary.
07-06-2009 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: [FR]Forum chatroom[/FR] (+1)  
Frankly I'd be happy if names were greyed out rather than removed from the users list when they just pop out to switch holds or something.

07-06-2009 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
AtkinsSJ wrote:
Having to enter a game just to use the chatroom is going to be a bit awkward.
This is exactly what I do though, and I do it so much, it's not really awkward. I'll often be playing something in my JtRH game (it doesn't crash, it's fun, it doesn't crash, my JtRH .dats aren't messed up, and it doesn't crash) and using my TCB solely for chat.

It would be nice if the in-game chat worked better though. I'd have to say the forum HA chat is much more robust than the in-game chat.
07-07-2009 at 12:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
It would be nice if the in-game chat worked better though. I'd have to say the forum HA chat is much more robust than the in-game chat.
I say! Is that a leaked spoiler I see there? Or when you say "chat", are you merely referring to a private HA board?

Oh wait. Ignore me; I didn't read the first post. :facepalm:

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 07-07-2009 12:56 AM]
07-07-2009 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
I'd say your post has more leaks in it.

I wish that man would stay away
07-07-2009 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : [FR]Forum chatroom[/FR]
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com